2016

2015

2014

Rambler Night Out brings 7th and 8th graders together

“Rambler Night Out” was a first-time event that hosted both 7th and 8th graders at the Hagerty Family Events Center on Saturday, Jan. 22.

Invitations to the event went out to all 7th and 8th graders in the area. Anyone was able to join in on the bonding experience. It’s meant to be a fun night where the kids are able to meet other middle schoolers and begin to form friendships before their first year of high school begins no matter where they’re going.

“Students can get to know each other,” Vice President of Enrollment Management Mr. Dougherty said. “It’s meant to help middle schoolers build an interest in the school.”

For the previous several years Villa Maria Academy held their own “Girls Night Out” at Villa. It was always a well-attended event held some time in January. However, since the consolidation is coming the decision was made to host a co-ed event this year in anticipation of Cathedral Prep becoming co-ed for 2022-23. The outcome of the decision was “Rambler Night Out.” 

“Over 200 7th and 8th graders attended regardless of where they’re going next year,” Mr. Dougherty said.

The event was set up with pizza, snacks, candy, drinks, etc.

“The dance was fun and I got to meet a lot of other kids,” 8thgrader Jack Louie said. “This made me feel good about my choice of going to Prep next year.”

They set up a dance floor on the concourse of Café ’64. Then on the basketball court, they had inflatable games set up, slides, an axe throwing game, etc. At the event they had a tattoo artist as well where kids could go and get their faces painted. The music was provided by Prep and Villa students, such as freshman Lohan Mastrian who was a DJ. The event started being planned around September 2021 and arranged in the beginning of December. 

The event seemed to be a good time for all especially, for it being the start of the new co-ed school that’s to come. It doesn’t stop there though, as more can be expected.

“We will be doing another co-ed event this spring, but details are still being worked on,” Mr. Dougherty said.