2016

2015

2014

Students reflect on Valentine’s Day

Valentine’s Day is approaching again, and everyone is getting back into that loving mood. This time of year is a time of showing love and appreciation to loved ones and significant others. Valentine’s Day is a day where people show nothing but love and even do grand gestures to show how much they love that person.

“I always look forward to Valentine’s Day because it always holds such a special place in my heart,” senior Caden Pustalek said. “I love being able to give people treats and even do different things to show them I appreciate them.”

Fellow senior Jacob Cooper said, “Being able to just spend time with the ones I love really is a blessing.”

Valentine’s Day is focused on the love, but it also allows us to enjoy lots interesting treats.

“My favorite Valentine candy/treat is by far chocolate covered strawberries. Me and my family love them and get them all the time,” Caden said. “We’ve also tried chocolate covered grapes, which I highly recommend for anyone who hasn’t.”

“I don’t eat much candy, but around Valentine’s Day I enjoy having sponge candy and chocolate covered pretzels,” Jacob said. “Chocolate covered strawberries are up there, too, but they don’t compare to sponge candy.”

Prep has embraced the Valentine’s Day spirit by letting students give out candy grams to students and staff. By going and buying a candy gram for $2, you can write a message and send it to a friend.

“I haven’t done it much in the past, but this year I’m thinking of doing it,” Caden said. “It’s a nice gesture to send candy with a message to a friend, so why not?”

“I think it’s funny because sometimes you can send something funny to your friends, and they get a good laugh out of it,” Jacob said.

All in all, Valentine’s Day is a time to really just enjoy the presence of those you love most and those who you want to show appreciation and affection towards. It’s also a time to enjoy the delicious treats that really are only popular around Valentine’s Day.

“Valentine’s day has always held a special place in my heart, and it will remain that way for years to come, “Caden said.