Quarter Sessions to retain traditions with minor changes

Dominick Scarpino, Staff Writer

Historically, every quarter, the Cathedral Prep and Villa Maria Academy students, faculty, and staff would come together to celebrate the academic achievements of its students. Their events were previously held separately on each campus, but this year will look different due to the consolidation between schools.

“The first Quarter Sessions will take place on December 10th,” Vice President of Academics and Student Affairs Mr. Pituch said. “In the past we have normally done the first quarter sessions the Wednesday before Thanksgiving Break, but instead that day, November 23rd will be the installation mass for Mr. Smith as President.”

Due to the fact that this is the first Quarter Sessions on the same campus, there are a lot of logistical problems that need to be figured out for the first time

“Quarter Sessions are going to remain mostly the same as they have been in the past, especially for the Prep Students,” Mr. Pituch said, “All the awards will stay the same, some with a minor adjustment. For example, the Lady of Victory award is going to be renamed into the Woman of Prep award, as to be in line with the Man of Prep award. Those awards will still be given out the same, one from each class each quarter.”

Cathedral Prep President Mr. Smith has a lot of responsibility throughout this process, mostly because it is the first time that an event like this will be taking place.

“I look forward to any opportunity to support, inspire, and encourage our students to do their very best,” Mr. Smith said, “I have no worries about the event, and I am very excited to see the event play out for the first time as President and as a new school community.”