2016

2015

2014

Alumni Profile: G.T. Miller (’07)

Cathedral Prep has had the honor of producing some of the greatest leaders of Erie.  It would take too long to name all the distinguished graduates of Cathedral Prep, but one that comes to mind is Mr. Grant T. Miller. Grant, or G.T. as he is also known, was born in 1988. He attended Villa Maria Elementary for grade school before making the life-changing decision of attending Cathedral Prep. When asked what made him choose Prep and his overall experience there G.T. replied, “Since my early years in grade school, I knew that I wanted to be a Prep Rambler. As far as I am concerned, Cathedral Prep is second to none when it comes to all aspects of the development of a young man.  A strong faith foundation intertwines the academic, athletic, and brotherhood aspects of Cathedral Prep into a truly remarkable high school experience.”
During his time at Prep, Miller played baseball for two years and basketball all four years. Basketball was always hid passion as he competed at the varsity level here at Prep. After he graduated from college, he decided to stay involved with the game as a coach. As he reminisced on his playing career, he reflected on a few unforgettable events.  “I have to include three memories. The first is defeating Strong Vincent three times during my senior year with the last victory crowning us District 10 Champions. My second fond memory, also during my senior year, is a buzzer-beater win against General McLane – a team that went on to win the state title in its division. Lastly, it will forever be a cherished memory that I played in the renowned McDonald’s Classic for two varsity seasons.”
Aside from sports, Miller also enjoyed the atmosphere that Prep had to offer. He highlighted the outstanding combination of tough academics, strong faith, competitive athletic programs, and an unexplainable brotherhood. When asked what separates Prep from the other high schools in the area, he pointed to the brotherhood.  “There is a handful of old classmates with whom I keep in frequent contact. The brotherhood of Cathedral Prep is real. Anytime I meet and get to know a fellow Rambler, there is an instant bond and mutual understanding that we would virtually do anything to help one another.”
MillerOLPMiller graduated from Prep in 2007 and decided to attend the University of Pittsburgh. After graduating from the University of Pittsburgh, he continued his education at the Case Western Reserve University School of Law and then began his career as an attorney at The Law Offices of Vendetti & Vendetti. Recently, he accepted a new position at Northwestern Legal Services as a staff attorney. In addition to his professional life, Miller is currently an assistant coach for the Cathedral Prep freshmen basketball team. He previously assisted the boys varsity team at Our Lady of Peace and helped lead them to the AAA Diocesan Championship Game.
Miller is a huge advocate of Prep and is extremely grateful for his opportunity to have attended the school. When asked what Prep means to him he replied, “It can be summed up in three words: faith, pride, and excellence.” Cathedral Prep has certainly played a role in both G.T.’s personal and professional success.