2016

2015

2014

“Live the Life” in NHL 14

I am an avid NHL gamer for the Xbox 360, and even won the title of intramural champion during my sophomore year at Prep as the best player in the school on a team with my brother. We played some great players. We won a game in a shootout, overtime, blowout fashion, and even got a last second regulation win in the championship game. I have the shirt to prove it.
EA Sports’ newest installment of the game, NHL 14, recently came out and is the best yet by far.  I have played each of my brothers a couple of times, winning by a lot as if I were playing on rookie level difficulty. I really like this year’s “Live the Life” game mode. It is where you are the player. You get drafted and interviewed, hangout with teammates and go through the daily life of a pro hockey player. I have some high expectations for my player this season and decided to share them through a letter I received from the team’s manager.

Hello Mr. Ordos,

On behalf of the Philadelphia Flyers organization, I would like to welcome you to the team!  We have very high expectations for you after taking you first overall in the 2014 draft. Our team has some very talented players in the likes of Claude Giroux and Scott Hartnell, and we are very excited to have you on board.

Being the first overall in any draft is not easy; there is a lot of hype surrounding you right now and we are going to help any way we can. We do have some season expectations for you and want you to at least accomplish three:

• Score 25 goals
    • Get 36 assists
    • Be in the Top 5 for the Calder Memorial Trophy
    • Take 267 shots
    • Play in 59 games

Accomplish three of these and you will be well on your way to superstar status. We also would like you to make good decisions on and off the ice. Any and every decision you make will effect your relationship with your family, teammates, fans, and management; also your decisions will come with consequences.

We would like to at least make the playoffs this year and we think you have some star potential to help us do so. We are looking for you to be a leader of the team, even though you won’t wear a letter on your sweater and you are only a rookie. This is a lot to put on an 18-year-old kid, but we think you have the ability to do so.

I look forward to getting to know you, Jeremiah. If you ever have any comments or concerns don’t be afraid to bring them to management. We want to help you learn and grow any way we can so you become a premier hockey player and the face of our franchise. I hope you are with the organization for many years to come and bring many championships back to Philadelphia.

Sincerely,
The Philadelphia Flyers

image[1]

image[2]

image