2016

2015

2014

Kanye West and Donald Trump meet at Trump Tower

Earlier this past week, Donald Trump was greeted by Kanye West at the Trump Tower in New York City. West was hospitalized back in November following his cancellation of the 21 performances that were scheduled for his Saint Pablo Tour. West was taken to the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in California. Exhaustion and stress were said to be the cause of Kanye’s hospitalization.
Kanye was also starting to get mad at different radio stations, claiming that the various stations played the same songs “over and over and over,” as well as speaking out against Hillary Clinton who was one of the two presidential candidates next to Donald Trump. West explained that America voted for change and wants change. After one of West’s concerts in San Jose he claimed that he didn’t vote in the election, but he would’ve definitely voted for President Elect Donald Trump. West agrees with both Trump’s “method of communication” and calls his ideas “futuristic.”
However, the event that took place earlier this week with West greeting Trump at Trump Tower was very significant. Many Americans have been saying that President Elect Donald Trump made some racist and disrespectful statements. However, Trump has hired African American Ben Carson as the secretary of Department Housing and Urban Development. In addition to Trump’s hiring of Carson, West claimed himself and Trump talked about “multicultural” issues, as well as life in general. According to Trump, the two have been friends for years and have respect for one another.
This event has opened the eyes for some American citizens, but at the same time, it hasn’t surprised others.