2016

2015

2014

Ramblers defeat Berks Catholic, advance to Hershey

The Cathedral Prep football team faced off against Berks Catholic in semifinals of the Pennsylvania Class 4A playoffs. The winner of the game would advance to the state championship game. Both teams came into this game with undefeated records. The Ramblers were 12-0, and the Saints were 13-0. Berks Catholic was looking to get revenge against Cathedral Prep because of their loss in the semifinals last year.
On the first drive of the game Berks Catholic drove down the field and scored on a Cooper Lutz touchdown. The Ramblers immediately responded when Joe Mischler threw a 59-yard bomb to Terry Roberts. The Saints offense continued to have their way with Ramblers defense and scored again to make it 14-7. When the Ramblers got the ball back they drove down the field, and their drive was capped off with a phenomenal Billy Lucas touchdown run. The Berks Catholic offense picked up right where they left off and made it 21-14 with 1:33 left until the half. The Ramblers then had one of their biggest drives of the game when they drove down the field right before half to score the game tying touchdown on another Lucas touchdown run.
It was 21-21 at the half, and the game seemed like it could go either way. Cathedral Prep came out energized in the second half as they took the lead on a huge Billy Lucas touchdown run on their first offensive play. The Ramblers defense then came up huge the next drive to hold Berks Catholic to a field goal. It was now 28-24 Prep. Lucas continued his great performance and rushed for his 4th touchdown of the game and gave the Ramblers some breathing room. It was now 35-24 Prep, and things were looking bright. Cathedral Prep’s defense played great in the second half and didn’t let up a touchdown. Billy Lucas wrapped the game up with a long 89-yard touchdown run. Lucas finished his outstanding performances with 14 carries for 268 yards and 5 touchdowns.
The Ramblers will face off against Imhotep Charter in the state championship for the third straight year Thursday night at 7 p.m.