2016

2015

2014

Prep seniors choose schools, universities

Students have been planning out their graduation parties and whom their prom date will be, but most importantly, they have been deciding where they are going to go to school for the next four years. 

Every year, there are the usual schools that many of the graduating seniors of Cathedral Prep consider: Pennsylvania State University, the University of Pittsburgh, Gannon University, and Slippery Rock University. 

“I visited some of the local schools, but Slippery Rock is a school that I liked the most,” said Prep Senior Kris Snyder. “The campus was nice. It’s relatively cheap. It allows freshmen to have cars and has a decent amount of student benefits, which is quite nice.”

There are also some other more prestigious schools that seniors are considering, such as Rochester Institute of Technology and Notre Dame.

“The resources that they provide students with at RIT are numerous,” said Prep senior Dat Phan. “The food is quite nice, and also my brother goes there, so the campus is quite familiar for me.”

There are a lot of things to consider when picking the right college, everything from how the campus feels right down to how the food tastes. For some it can be overwhelming, but for others, they already found their dream school. 

“Virginia Tech is my ideal school, but I haven’t heard an admissions decision from them yet,” said Prep senior Andrew Campbell. “From what my options were, Virginia Tech best suited me, but now I’m waiting for confirmation on their part. 

Some students have the next steps figured out, but there are still plenty of seniors that are yet to make a decision. 

“I’m still looking at a bunch of schools, but the positive thing is that I don’t have to make a decision right this moment,” said Prep Senior Christian Lang. “I’m considering Pitt, Duquesne, and Gannon right now, but there is so much to consider it’s hard to figure it out.”