2016

2015

2014

Teacher Profile: Mr. Biebel

There are many interesting people at Cathedral Prep. Easily one of the most interesting is the senior physics teacher, Mr. Biebel. A natural thrill-seeker, and a very hands-on person at heart, it is very easy to see why he is so admired by both his family and his students. 

Mr Biebel has been teaching for 12 years now. He has also taught math, but he loves to teach physics he sees it as the “language of the universe.” He has a wife and two children, and he loves to travel—specifically abroad. His favorite thing to do is experience new things.

“We’re all rich here [in America], but we fight like we’re all starving—and that’s bad,” he said. “So when you go to other countries and see how different people are, you are forced somewhat to share in their culture and values. And when you’re on that ride back home and you take in your experiences there and how they live so much differently—it is very humbling.” 

For Mr. Biebel, even just going off of the beaten-path during a trip is an amazing experience. To him, going out of your comfort zone is almost essential to having to a good life and a fulfilling one. 

When not traveling or teaching, Mr. Biebel has a slew of other hobbies he engages in. He is a massive fan of extreme sports, especially snowboarding and biking, and he is pretty much a fan of anything off-road. As a matter-of-fact, he is also the supervisor for the ski club, which regularly goes to Peek’n Peak for casual skiing fun. He also has a few construction projects he has done like building a desk for his daughter or making a shed, both of which have been archived on his YouTube channel, Angusaurus Rex. There he also has a few clips of his travels and some of the sports he has done. It is also home to the infamous “EXTREME SAMMICHIN,” which is a video about his favorite type of PBJ sandwich.

He also likes to watch cartoons with his children, two of his favorites being Star vs. the Forces of Evil, and Adventure Time. He thinks that these shows are very valuable for children to watch, as they promote having a good heart and believing in yourself. 

Second attempt.

Overall, he is a very energetic teacher, and person in general, that really knows how to have fun, but he also realizes his happiness comes from a genuine sense. He is one of the best individuals I’ve met, and certainly won’t be forgotten anytime soon.