2016

2015

2014

Campus ministry adapts to maintain weekly Mass schedule during pandemic

Prep adapted the weekly Mass schedule in order to meet the requirements for a safe Mass during the COVID-19 pandemic. The new schedule allows each student the chance to attend Mass at least once a month while being socially distanced.

The school split the students up by class and what day they are attending school. The rotating Mass schedule is as follows:

• Week 1: Orange Day Seniors and Juniors
  • Week 2: Black Day Seniors and Juniors
  • Week 3: Orange Day Sophomores and Freshman
  • Week 4: Black Day Sophomores and Freshman

Mass has been different for the students, but that has also been the case for the faculty and staff. Fr Jason Feigh, who is the campus minister at a Cathedral Prep, organizes Mass every week. He spoke about some of the adjustments that have been made to accommodate for Mass during a pandemic.

“It helps us to continue to reach people where they are at with our beautiful tradition,” he said. “Some of the changes to Mass include not offering the Precious Blood during Communion, no Holy Water, no Sign of Peace and we have changed how we give Holy Communion, especially by offering hand sanitizing.”

Fr. Jason said offering Mass for each student once a month is better than nothing, and he hopes the school can find a safe plan for everyone to attend Mass again. Fr Jason also said he is hopeful by Easter that some things will be back to normal.

He also gave a great idea for students who cannot attend mass weekly due to COVID-19 concerns.

“If you can go to many other places, I would hope that one place that you would like to come back to as well,” he said.  “I hope they attend virtually as much as possible. Let us meet you where you are at!”

Everyone wishes things would return back to normal, but for now we can only appreciate the blessings that come every day.