2016

2015

2014

2021 NFL Mock Draft 2.0

The 2021 NFL Draft is nearing closer, and with NFL free agency passing by, the clock ticks
closer until the Jaguars make their selection in Cleveland. A lot has changed in the NFL
landscape with teams filling in needs at different positions, so how have the picks changed from
the previous mock draft in February? Read on to find out.

1. Jacksonville Jaguars: Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson

The Jaguars had a ton of holes coming into the off-season following an abysmal one-win season. The team made some good signings, such as the acquisitions of wide receiver Marvin Jones, cornerback Shaquill Griffin, and return specialist Jamal Agnew. They also made some questionable moves such as giving multi-year contracts to defensive tackle Roy Robertson-Harris and safety Rayshawn Jenkins and giving the franchise tag to offensive tackle Cam Robinson. (Seriously, why did they tag him?) However, it should come as no surprise that the number one selection of this draft will be Clemson’s Trevor Lawrence. Lawrence has been the presumptive first selection of this draft for a long time now, and he backed that up during his stellar pro day. Jacksonville head coach Urban Meyer has even stated himself that drafting Lawrence is the “direction” the team is heading in. No debate for Zach Wilson needed here.

2. New York Jets: Zach Wilson, QB, BYU

On the topic of Wilson, he looks to be the selection for the Jets. New York basically needed help everywhere on the field, and they were able to acquire many solid players because of their cap space. The Jets made big splashes with the signings of wide receiver Corey Davis and defensive end Carl Lawson while also acquiring solid talent in Sheldon Rankins, Jarrad Davis, Tevin Coleman, and Keelan Cole. The new additions are important to the team’s quarterback’s development. However, the team will be in need of a quarterback now that they traded Sam Darnold to the Carolina Panthers. The consensus choice is the aforementioned BYU star Zach Wilson. Wilson dazzled at his pro day with on-the-run throws reminiscent of Patrick Mahomes and can bring some much-needed star power the Jets haven’t seen at quarterback for years.

3. San Francisco 49ers: Justin Fields, QB, Ohio State

The 49ers made a blockbuster trade with the Miami Dolphins, acquiring the third overall picker in exchange for the twelfth pick, a 2021 third-round pick, and first-round picks in 2022 and 2023. They re-signed most of the corners, such as Jason Verrett, K’Wuan Williams, and Emmanuel Moseley. The Niners also bolstered their O-line by resigning Trent Williams to a record-breaking deal and getting Alex Mack. They also re-signed fullback Kyle Juszczyk and signed former Rams linebacker Samson Ebukam. However, the biggest question this offseason for San Francisco was at quarterback. While the Niners remained persistent in assuring everyone that Jimmy Garoppolo will be the starter next season, this doesn’t mean he’s out of the woods completely. There have been rumors flying around involving a Garoppolo trade with the Patriots and it might be best to use this pick to nab his successor. With many questions about Justin Fields’ play during the season, he balled out in his final few performances and dazzled at his pro day to show he can hang with the best of them. Just imagining an offense with Fields, Raheem Mostert, Deebo Samuel, Brandon Aiyuk, and George Kittle just sounds like a nightmare.

4. Atlanta Falcons: Kyle Pitts, TE, Florida

The Falcons are probably the hardest team to mock in the draft. Atlanta was relatively quiet in free agency, with the only notable signing being a two-year deal for running back Mike Davis. They are a team in dire need of defensive help everywhere, but there isn’t a certain defensive talent worth the risk at this spot. A reasonable decision would be to trade down and acquire more picks, but since I’m not looking to mock trades for the sake of normalcy, that isn’t an
option. Because of the reconstruction of Matt Ryan’s contract, I feel like there are at least two years of time left for him as the Falcons’ starting quarterback before the team heads in another direction. It may be a solid decision to gear up and go all in for the foreseeable future with Ryan at the helm. As I mentioned in my other mock draft, Pitts is a special type of player with many different uses in an offense. He can line up in the slot, as a wideout, and with his hand in the dirt all as a tight end-wide receiver hybrid. The addition of Pitts would solidify the Falcons as one of the best overall offenses in the league, with Matt Ryan dominating the passing game alongside Pitts, Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, and Russell Gage.

5. Cincinnati Bengals: Ja’Marr Chase, WR, LSU

Now the obvious choice is to take a premier offensive tackle in the draft due to the Bengals’ horrible offensive line issue. But this class has a ton of incredible talent on the offensive line available on days two and three in the draft. The Bengals didn’t really address the issue in free agency, using their offseason as an opportunity to bolster the defense. The team was able to acquire defensive end Trey Hendrickson, defensive tackle Larry Ogunjobi, and cornerbacks Chidobe Awuzie, Mike Hilton, and Eli Apple. They also signed offensive tackle Riley Reiff to a one-year deal. But this
class has a ton of incredible talent on the offensive line available on days two and three in the draft. The Bengals did lose A.J. Green in free agency, so the team could look to give Joe Burrow a premier number-one receiver alongside Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd. Chase played alongside Burrow at LSU, where the two put up the best quarterback-wide receiver duo the nation had ever seen in 2019. Burrow has been advocating for the Bengals to take Chase in the draft in hopes of rekindling that magic in the NFL. Although Penei Sewell is still on the board, the Bengals could definitely look to taking more offensive linemen in the later rounds of the draft and still be able to give Joe Burrow a monster receiving threat.

6. Miami Dolphins: Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon

Even with an impressive amount of cap space, the Dolphins were fairly passive in the offseason. The biggest moves they made were signing wide receiver Will Fuller and trading for linebacker Benardrick McKinney. They also traded with the 49ers to move back in the draft and acquire more picks, and then traded with the Philadelphia Eagles to move back into the top 10 while maintaining those 49ers picks. With the sixth pick, Miami could look to bolster their line in order to protect Tua Tagovailoa. Penei Sewell has all the makings of a top-three selection and was a First-Team All American in 2019 before opting out of 2020. The 6’6”, 331-pound athletic freak from Oregon would make an immediate impact on the Dolphins’ offense, with 2020 first-round pick Austin Jackson moving to right tackle and allowing Robert Hunt to move to guard.

7. Detroit Lions: DeVonta Smith, WR, Alabama

The Detroit Lions are in an incredibly tough spot. They just traded the best quarterback in their franchise’s history in Matthew Stafford to the Los Angeles Rams. Then they watched as both their top wide receivers, Kenny Golladay and the aforementioned Marvin Jones, departed in free agency. Detroit got back Jared Goff in the Stafford trade, so I believe they are fine at quarterback for at least a season or two. Detroit also made a couple of solid moves such as signing running back Jamaal Williams and wide receiver Breshad Perriman, trading for Rams defensive tackle Michael Brockers, and re-signing defensive end Romeo Okwara. However, the team still needs help at multiple different positions. A good start would be to give Jared Goff a reliable wideout in the ever-so-dangerous DeVonta Smith. Smith dominated the opposition in 2020 with a Heisman campaign and can translate it to the next level with his otherworldly speed, uncanny route-running ability, and pure talent.

8. Carolina Panthers: Patrick Surtain II, CB, Alabama

As I mentioned before, the Panthers made the move to take a chance on the talented yet unproven Sam Darnold. They gave up three picks to do, so it’s a bit of an overpay, but if he pans out in Carolina it should be fine. With this selection, the Panthers could look to bolster their defense further after free agency. They signed defensive end Haason Reddick and linebacker Denzel Perryman in free agency to bolster the front seven. However, the secondary still needs work considering Donte Jackson is the only reliable corner on the team. Rashaan Melvin was brought in on a one-year deal and the young Troy Pride Jr. is still finding his steps in the NFL. Pat Surtain II can be the lockdown corner the Panthers haven’t seen since Josh Norman left town. Surtain is a fast, physical man-coverage player capable of holding his ground with the top wide receivers in the NFC South, such as Michael Thomas, Mike Evans, and Julio Jones.

9. Denver Broncos: Rashawn Slater, OT, Northwestern

Even though Trey Lance has fallen this far, I’m not sure the Broncos would be committed to taking him. There are tons of reports that the organization’s personnel and players are still high on current quarterback Drew Lock, so they may ride out with him for the time being. Denver addressed their biggest need in the form of their secondary by extending star safety Justin Simmons and signing cornerbacks Ronald Darby and Kyle Fuller. The offensive line definitely needs improvement. Lock has enough weapons to succeed, but it all means nothing if Lock does not have time to throw the ball. Garret Bolles made strides as a premier blindside blocker, but the rest of the offensive line struggled as a unit. Northwestern’s Rashawn Slater primarily played tackle for the Wildcats, but he has the size, flexibility, and athleticism to play anywhere on the line at the next level. If Lock is the future in the Mile High City, he needs to have the best protection possible to succeed.

10. Dallas Cowboys: Jaycee Horn, CB, South Carolina

Dallas struggled with the injury bug last year, as it took down the majority of their offensive line, their defense, and their star quarterback Dak Prescott. Fortunately for Cowboy Nation, Prescott returned to Dallas on a massive extension early on in the offseason. The Cowboys were also fairly quiet in the offseason, with the only notable signings being defensive backs Keanu Neal and Damontae Kazee. Cornerback Jourdan Lewis also re-signed on a three-year deal. The new additions shouldn’t make the Cowboys shy away from selecting a cornerback; their secondary was gawdawful last season, and losing Chidobe Awuzie could make things worse. Getting a lockdown corner in Horn to complement Trevon Diggs can solidify a young talented secondary and help out their pass rush a little more.

11. New York Giants: Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State

The New York Giants were a team that made big splashes in the offseason. The two biggest signings they made were the acquisitions of star wide receiver Kenny Golladay and cornerback Adoree’ Jackson. They also made some solid moves for underrated players such as wide receiver John Ross, tight end Kyle Rudolph, defensive end Ifeadi Odenigbo, and linebacker Reggie Ragland. They also gave a big extension to defensive lineman Leonard Williams. The offensive line is still an issue, but I believe that issue can be resolved later on in the draft. The Giant defense is still in need for a dynamic, game-changing type of player in the middle of the defense. That player is Micah Parsons, one of the most explosive defensive prospects in 2021. The Giants linebackers could use some much-needed improvement, considering the team won’t be able to cut it with Blake Martinez and some other guys. Parsons will make an immediate impact and become a key component in hope of the Giants’ resurgence to the top of the NFL.

12. Philadelphia Eagles: Jaylen Waddle, WR, Alabama

Philadelphia was also involved with the Dolphins’ and 49ers’ trades a couple Fridays ago. They moved out of the top ten to the twelfth pick. Due to their cap situation, the Eagles were frankly quiet in the offseason. Their biggest move was trading quarterback Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts, not getting much back in the process and costing them in loads of dead cap. They also brought in quarterback Joe Flacco and safety Anthony Harris, both on one-year deals. The Eagles, even with drafting a wide receiver in the first round last year, are still in desperate need of a premier wide receiver. Alshon Jeffrey and DeSean Jackson were both released. Last year’s first round pick, Jalen Reagor, was often injured and didn’t get much playing time. Even when he got playing time, he never made that big of an impact. Jaylen Waddle is as fast and explosive a playmaker as his teammate, DeVonta Smith, and is capable of breaking a game wide open. Jalen Hurts would be very much welcome to have that weapon in his arsenal.

13. Los Angeles Chargers: Christian Darrisaw, OL, Virginia Tech

The biggest issue for the Chargers was their offensive line. Although Justin Herbert dominated his rookie season, his offensive line let him down as the worst unit in 2020, according to Pro Football Focus. That issue was immediately addressed with the signings of offensive tackle Matt Fieler and All-Pro center Corey Linsley. The team also re-signed cornerback Michael Davis but cut Pro Bowl corner Casey Hayward. Taking a chance on a franchise blindside blocker like Virginia Tech’s Darrisaw would help Justin Herbert thrive, allowing him tons of time to make plays for the offense.

14. Minnesota Vikings: Jayson Oweh, EDGE, Penn State

The Vikings’ big moves were the signings of defensive tackle Dalvin Tomlinson, cornerback Patrick Peterson, and safety Xavier Woods. Offensive line is still an issue, and there are question marks about Kirk Cousins, but there isn’t a talent of either position worth taking at this spot. The team dealt with a ton of defensive injuries last year, and a lack of pass rush really hurt them. Sure Trey Lance is an intriguing option, but I believe the Vikings want to see what Cousins can do before trying out other options at quarterback. Without Danielle Hunter, Minnesota struggled all year to get to the quarterback. Getting an explosive, freakishly athletic pass rusher in the form of the former Nittany Lion Jayson Oweh would help the pass rush issue tremendously. Oweh and Hunter would dominate the NFC North with their quick and explosive prowess off the edge.

15. New England Patriots Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State

The champions of the 2021 offseason, the Patriots proved to all of us that it’s never too early to assume that they are down and out for good. They used the boatload of cap space available to sign wide receivers Nelson Agholor and Kendrick Bourne, tight ends Hunter Henry and Jonnu Smith, defensive tackle Davon Godchaux, outside linebackers Matthew Judon and Kyle Van Noy, and safety Jalen Mills. The team was also able to resign quarterback Cam Newton, but there are still question marks about his performance from last season. I say taking a chance on Trey Lance to be the backup behind Newton and then inserting the young quarterback into the starting role if Newton doesn’t work out next season is a fine transition. Lance is still a developmental prospect, and learning from a former NFL MVP can definitely help that development.

16. Arizona Cardinals: Greg Newsome II, CB, Northwestern

Why do NFL teams constantly push their own narratives to be true? The Cardinals did exactly that by showing they still may be the retirement home of the NFL. The Cardinals ended up signing former Defensive Player of the Year J.J. Watt to a two-year contract. Former Pro Bowlers A.J. Green and Malcolm Butler signed one year contracts. All are aging and have a ton to prove, but they are still solid moves nonetheless. The team also traded for center Rodney Hudson from the Raiders. With the loss of Patrick Peterson being a huge blow, the team needs to find the next guy that can sure up the secondary. The aforementioned Butler is only on a one-year deal and Byron Murphy is still unproven in Arizona’s defensive system. Newsome was one of the best corners in the nation last season and could become a solid defensive back alongside Budda Baker.

17. Las Vegas Raiders: Teven Jenkins, OT, Oklahoma State

The Raiders had an… interesting offseason. The team did make good signings, such as nabbing Yannick Ngakoue and re-signing guard Richie Incognito. However, the team also signed two running backs in Kenyan Drake and Theo Riddick, but traded their three best offensive lineman in Gabe Jackson, Rodney Hudson, and Trent Brown. My assumption is that the team wanted to get younger and cheaper on the offensive line, and that’s the direction I have them heading. Oklahoma State’s Teven Jenkins is a physical pass and run blocker who always finishes his blocks until the whistle blows.

18. Miami Dolphins: Kwity Paye, EDGE, Michigan

Back to the Dolphins, who go defense with their own pick here. They recently traded defensive end Shaq Lawson to the Houston Texans. After signing outside linebacker Kyle Van Noy to a huge multi-year deal, the team cut him to save money. The team is very thin when it comes to the pass-rushing department, and with the only option off the edge being Emmanuel Ogbah, the team should definitely look to find an option for an edge rusher. Kwity Paye is described as one of the most polished, NFL-ready edge rushers coming out of college in the past few years. Although he never put up the big numbers at Michigan, Paye can certainly turn the tide for Miami’s pass rush with his quick hands and skilled technique.

19. Washington Football Team: Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame

After winning the lowly NFC East, the Football Team’s personnel, coaches, and players are all confident the team can repeat as division champs. They signed Ryan Fitzpatrick to a one-year contract to start for at least one season. They also bolstered a need at wide receiver, bringing in the underrated Curtis Samuel, and they replaced the departed Ronald Darby at cornerback with William Jackson III from the Bengals. The team still has a lot to work with on defense, even if they have one of the fiercest defensive lines in the NFL. Their linebacker corps need help, with Cole Holcomb being their top option. That just won’t cut it in a division of premier tight ends, so grabbing a linebacker in Owusu-Koramoah who can cover tight ends AND wide receivers can take this defense to another level.

20. Chicago Bears: Mac Jones, QB, Alabama

Having probably one of the weirder offseasons, the Bears had everyone scratching their heads. They cut former All-Pro cornerback Kyle Fuller to clear enough cap space to bring in a quarterback. That quarterback was… Andy Dalton. After hundreds of rumors of trading for Russell Wilson, they ended up signing Andy Dalton and tagging Allen Robinson. Let’s face it: Andy Dalton is not and should not at all be the long-term answer. Alabama’s Mac Jones is a nice option to develop here. A lot of people claim that the weapons he had were the reason for his insane numbers, but he led the nation in completion percentage this past season. Jones can sit behind Andy Dalton and prepare for an eventual starting role in Chicago.

21. Indianapolis Colts: Rashod Bateman, WR, Minnesota

The Colts made a really good move in trading for Carson Wentz. He is now reunited with his former offensive coordinator Frank Reich, the same O-coordinator that in 2017 helped him put up MVP numbers. Other than that, the Colts only other notable moves were re-signing wide receiver T.Y. Hilton and cornerback Xavier Rhodes. The team still has a need for a dynamic wide receiver, considering Hilton has been declining and Michael Pittman Jr. has not fully developed yet. Bateman is probably the best route runner in the draft and has a lot of upside with his talent. He can be a reliable one-two punch deep threat with Pittman Jr.

22. Tennessee Titans: Caleb Farley, CB, Virginia Tech

The most pressing need for the Titans was easily the pass rush. It was basically non-existent, and playoff teams such as Tennessee need that ability to get after the quarterback. Fortunately, the Titans signed former Steelers edge rusher Bud Dupree to a monstrous 5-year, $85 million dollar contract. They also ended up signing more defensive talent such as defensive end Denico Autry, linebacker Jayon Brown, and cornerbacks Janoris Jenkins and Kevin Johnson. However, the secondary still needs help following the losses of Malcolm Butler and Adoree’ Jackson. Caleb Farley was seen as the best cornerback in the draft about a month ago, but he has been sliding due to injury concerns. Even with that issue, Farley is still one of, if not the best, cover corners that can help the secondary get younger. Jenkins and Johnson were only brought in on short-term deals, so nabbing a young corner to solidify the secondary is a good move here.

23. New York Jets: Azeez Ojulari, EDGE, Georgia

New head coach Robert Saleh will look to improve the Jets’ awful defense. Saleh was known back in San Francisco to pride himself on a strong defensive line, with the 49ers having some of the best defensive linemen in his time there such as Nick Bosa, DeForest Buckner, Arik Armstead, and Dee Ford. The Jets do have Quinnen Williams, but don’t have a reliable edge rusher. Ojulari was exceptional and dominant during Georgia’s bowl game against Cincinnati with three sacks, showcasing his explosiveness and skill as an edge rusher. He would make for a great fit in Saleh’s 4-3 defense. Ojulari and Carl Lawson would make for a great one-two punch off the edge.

24. Pittsburgh Steelers: Alijah Vera-Tucker, OL, USC

The most notable move the Steelers made in the offseason was the re-signing of wide receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster on a one-year deal. However, they ended up not re-signing running back James Conner and have taken huge hits to the offensive line. Pittsburgh has always prided themselves on smash-mouth football and tough offensive lines. Matt Feiler and Alejandro Villanueva departed in free agency. Longtime center Maurkice Pouncey retired. Therefore, taking a versatile lineman like Vera-Tucker that can play tackle or guard can help rebuild the line. The next option should be to get a stellar running back, but offensive line is most important focus if the team wants to try and make a run with Ben Roethlisberger one more time.

25. Jacksonville Jaguars: Trevon Moehrig, S, TCU

The Jaguars have a lot of holes basically everywhere on the roster. Safety is one of the main needs, considering their secondary issues. C.J. Henderson is still developing and the Jags signed Shaquill Griffin to alleviate the pressure off of Henderson. However, I don’t believe the Rayshawn Jenkins signing will totally help the problems at safety. They can’t put out Josh Jones or Andrew Wingard and expect it to be OK. The issue wouldn’t have come to fruition if they hadn’t traded Ronnie Harrison. Trevon Moehrig is the best safety in this class and would establish a young secondary dominant for years to come.

26)         Cleveland Browns- DL Christian Barmore, Alabama

The Cleveland Browns are finally playoff contenders once again. The offense is high-flying and  explosive, so there isn’t much work needed there. The defense suffered a lot from inconsistent play, mainly at linebacker and the defensive line. Outside of Myles Garrett, the team didn’t have much at edge rusher and the loss of Olivier Vernon won’t help much. Larry Ogunjobi departed for Cincinnati and even though Malik Jackson was signed, they could look to get younger on the interior defensive line. The redshirt sophomore Christian Barmore dominated in the National Championship against Ohio State and is seen as the best defensive tackle prospect in the draft.

27. Baltimore Ravens: Terrace Marshall Jr., WR, LSU

The main points of issue for Baltimore were the interior offensive line to replace the legendary Marshal Yanda and getting a dynamic wideout for Lamar Jackson. They signed Kevin Zeitler, so good start. Then for wide receiver, they missed out on Kenny Golladay, JuJu Smith-Schuster, and Chris Godwin and settled for Sammy Watkins. Not good. Terrace Marshall was fantastic at LSU with his size and jump-ball ability. He can be a good complement at wideout with Marquise Brown being able to be used in the slot. Lamar Jackson will definitely thank the Ravens for this selection.

28. New Orleans Saints: Zaven Collins, LB, Tulsa

The Saints’ biggest problem was easily their cap space. At one point, they were over the limit by $100 million and went on a rampage by cutting a lot of players to clear up money, such as Kwon Alexander, Emmanuel Sanders, Jared Cook, and more. To make matters worse, it finally came time for Drew Brees to hang up the cleats after 20 amazing seasons in the NFL. The Saints feel confident that Jameis Winston or Taysom Hill can work as the starter. Safety Marcus Williams also got the franchise tag, so he’s around for the time being. However, the Saints linebackers need a boost to follow along with the prowess of their front four and secondary. Zaven Collins was outstanding last year for the Golden Hurricane, showcasing his ability to rush off the edge and cover receivers downfield. He would make for a great addition to the New Orleans defense.

29. Green Bay Packers: Elijah Moore, WR, Ole Miss

The Packers failed to draft another option at wide receiver, a pressing need for years now. Sure, it wasn’t the deciding factor that cost them in the NFC Championship, but it’s still a need even now with Aaron Rodgers’ time running low on a Super Bowl. The team ended up re-signing running back Aaron Jones, but because of that, lost out on re-signing Corey Linsley. Still, getting a good slot/wideout option is a need for the Packers, and the Ole Miss Rebels’ Elijah Moore can fill that slot role. Moore is described as possibly the best slot receiver in the draft, and can bring much-needed playmaking that Rodgers would be very thankful for.

30. Buffalo Bills: Asante Samuel Jr., CB, Florida State

What a season for the Bills. Bills Mafia has finally reclaimed their spot at the top of the AFC East, and the team was a single game away from competing for a Super Bowl. The team looks to be trying to repeat their success; they were able to re-sign linebacker Matt Milano, offensive tackle Daryl Williams, and offensive guard Jon Feliciano. One of the issues with last year’s squad was the defense. The offense definitely performed, but the defense was a letdown in terms of expectations. The team is thin at corner outside of Tre’Davious White and can use an upgrade over Levi Wallace. Asante Samuel Jr. is a player who has been on the rise recently, as his technique and skill in coverage are reminiscent of his father, former Pro Bowl cornerback, Asante Samuel. Samuel Jr. would make for a great addition to an already stacked Bills defense.

31. Kansas City Chiefs: Samuel Cosmi, OT, Texas

The number one priority for the Chiefs following their crushing Super Bowl loss was to fix the offensive line. Mahomes couldn’t keep running for his life like he did against Tampa. The Chiefs would sign the top interior lineman, former Patriot Joe Thuney, to a 5-year, $80 million deal. Then Kansas City released both starting tackles, Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz. Weird. The thought process was probably to get younger and healthier at the position, and I am all for it. Sam Cosmi is hailed for his athleticism at tackle and, if developed correctly, can be Mahomes’ blindside blocker for the next ten-some years.

32. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Jaelan Phillips, EDGE, Miami

The defending Super Bowl champs have only three words on their minds: Run. It. Back. After restructuring Tom Brady’s contract to free up more money, the team would end up franchise tagging wide receiver Chris Godwin and re-signed running back Leonard Fournette, tight end Rob Gronkowski, outside linebacker Shaquil Barrett, defensive tackles Ndamukong Suh and Rakeem Nunez-Roches, inside linebacker Lavonte David, and kicker Ryan Succop. The only option for the draft is to add depth. Adding a local prospect in Jaelan Phillips would undoubtedly create a deadly pass rush duo of the young Phillips and Barrett, solidifying the Bucs as the fiercest and probably best defense in the NFL