Students continue to shine at the third Quarter Sessions

Aiden Gromley, Staff Writer

Quarter Sessions each quarter of every year allows for great students to be noticed for their wonderful achievements to which they work hard for each year. In the third quarter, there were many wonderful students to achieve great things throughout the quarter. And as the end of the year comes to a close, students continue to do a lot of great things.

Starting off with the senior class, there were 10 students to achieve first honors, along with the 54 getting second honors. With 64 total cards, it helps bring the class to a wonderful average of 37 percent of the class getting at least achieving second honors. Chloe Brugger was awarded the highest QPA in the class.

Third Quarter Woman of Prep Hailey Sliker believes that the numbers will stay pretty consistent in the fourth quarter.

“I don’t believe the senior class is in the state of mind to improve their grades,” she said. “We are all really just trying to turn our work in and finish strong.”

The junior class had a strong showing in the honor cards with 22 students receiving first honors and another 48 receiving second honors with a total of 60 students having received an honor card. The juniors with the highest GPA for the third quarter were Rosaria Burkett and Clare DiGiacomo.

The sophomore class had the highest amounts of all the classes in the thrift quarter and continues to shine throughout the school year. With a total of 40 students achieving first honors, and another 63 total students achieving second honors, the sophomore class had a total of 104 cards for the third quarter. The highest GPA for the sophomore class went to Brandon Lin.

The freshman class held an impressive quarter this year, to help to continue to shine as the future of Cathedral Prep. The freshman class had a solid 16 students achieve first honors on the quarter with another 55 receiving seconds honors on the third quarter, to end with a grand total of 71 total cards. The highest GPA on the quarter was awarded to Isabella Speros.

Cathedral Preparatory students continue to impress, with Gabe Allegretto winning the National Honors Society service award, and Sam Spence winning the academic leadership award as well. Cathedral Prep students continue to shine throughout the year, and as it comes to a close, students strive to become better students and better people as a whole.