The 2017 NCAA Tournament field was selected on Sunday. That means March Madness is here, and The Rambler’s Bracket Challenge is back. The fifth annual contest is free to enter and is open to anyone at Prep, including students, faculty, and staff. One need not know anything about basketball to enter. In fact, sometimes knowing less may be a blessing in disguise.
- Entrants must be a current Prep student, faculty, or staff member to enter. Please write your name and grade on your bracket. Click to download and print the official bracket. Or, see Mr. Hubert in Room 402 for a copy.
- All brackets must be printed out and handed in to Mr. Hubert in Room 402, printed out, by Thursday, March 16, 2017, by noon Eastern time. No late or electronic submissions will be accepted.
- You must fill in a winner for all of the games beginning with the First Round games to be played on Thursday and Friday. You do not need to include the First Four (“play-in”) games that will be played on Tuesday and Wednesday. Please write out the team names; do not write seed numbers.
- In case of a tie, write your prediction for the total points scored in the championship game in the spot indicated on the bracket.
- Round 1 (Round of 64): 10 points for each correct pick
- Round 2 (Round of 32): 20 points for each correct pick
- Round 3 (Sweet 16): 40 points for each correct pick
- Quarterfinals (Elite 8): 80 points for each correct pick
- Semifinals (Final Four): 160 points for each correct pick
- Championship: 320 points for a correct pick
- Grand Prize: $35 iTunes gift card
- Second Place: $10 iTunes gift card
- Third Place: $10 iTunes gift card