2016

2015

2014

Why The NFL Draft Is Important

Why The NFL Draft Is Important

Every year the NFL has a draft where NFL teams select young players out of college to play for their team. College players play their careers out in college  andthen begin something called the draft process. This year it was held on three days starting April 25 and ending April 27 in Detroit, Michigan. The draftees go through multiple interviews with front offices and go through an NFL combine and a pro-day where they do things like the 40-yard dash, vertical jump, and different drills based on the position they play.

Here are the first top 12 picks for the draft and what teams they were drafted by: Caleb Williams (Chicago Bears), Jayden Daniels (Washington Commanders), Drake Maye (New England Patriots), Marvin Harrison Jr (Arizona Cardinals), Joe Alt (Los Angeles Chargers), Malik Nabers (New York Giants), JC Latham (Tennessee Titans), Michael Penix Jr (Atlanta Falcons), Rome Odunze (Chicago Bears), J.J. McCarthy (Minnesota Vikings), Olu Fashanu (New York Jets), Bo Nix (Denver Broncos).

The NFL draft is important because usually the “worst” teams during the past season, gets the top picks of the next year’s draft. The NFL draft gets coaches and general managers fired if they make the wrong selections. It is the most important part of the off season and makes or breaks NFL teams for the next decade.

The NFL draft can benefit a team. For example the Chicago Bears have not had a franchise QB in a very long time. Caleb Williams can be that franchise QB they have been looking for.