2016

2015

2014

Athlete of the Month: October

Athlete of the Month: October

The Cathedral Prep soccer team is heading into playoffs as a contender for the state championship led by goal-scoring phenom Jack Foht. Jack is always dangerous with the ball, scoring a Prep single season record of 53 goals last year.

This year he recently broke the 100 career goals mark against Harborcreek back in September, but right now the focus is the month of October. Jack had 6 goals and 3 assists.

“The mentality going into each game is to fear losing,” Jack said, “and we go into every game from now on with high intensity.”

Jack obviously plays to win and uses his scoring abilities to give his team a chance to win each game. 

Jack’s career started off around 6 years old playing with the Erie Admirals, Cleveland Internationals, and Fairview soccer. He was influenced by his brother to play soccer because he looked up to him. It’s safe to say he was the right influencer for Foht because he got to play at IMG Academy and made the all-tournament team at the age of 14.

He then decided to play for Prep soccer in 8th grade and was on varsity team as a freshman, which he rightfully deserved.

“I was the only freshman on varsity, so it was scary at first, but I quickly adapted to things,” Jack said. “I’ve grown an immense amount as a person and player through Prep soccer from the intense training and the different life lessons learned throughout the years.” 

This is Jack’s final run for a state championship with the soccer team, and he is taking on the senior leadership role with pride.

“The type of leadership role I take going into playoffs is to keep everyone’s head up, motivate my teammates around me, and make sure everyone is focused from here on out,” he said. “To win states, we need to feed off of each other’s energy and believe we can win.”

Jack is a great player and a great teammate. He credits his teammates’ play and mentorship for his success. He is the guy everyone looks to when they need someone to step up. Those are the qualities a team needs to make a run for a state championship, and the Ramblers have all the tools to be a dangerous team in playoffs. 

Honorable Mentions

Michael Parks was once again producing for the football team’s offense. Over the month of October, he piled up 232 total rushing yards and 4 touchdowns. He also has 2 catches for 20 yards total. Parks has 3 touchdowns and 105 rushing yards against Butler. 

Nick Seapker was recently named an assistant captain for the Prep hockey team and he sure does lead by example with 8 points in the 3 games the Ramblers played. He is a true all-around player despite his size. He is a leader on the team and even when the team is struggling he still has heart and grit in his game. 

The Prep golf team recently won the second state championship in school history. Led by Evan Rowane, Zach Henry, Breckin Taylor, Mac Deitrick, and Phil Pedano, the Ramblers captured the gold to win states.