2016

2015

2014

Banner unveiled to honor Prep soccer’s championship

Banner unveiled to honor Prep soccers championship

During the Prep vs. McDowell basketball, the Cathedral Prep state championship soccer team was recognized. At halftime the soccer team went out in numbered order to half court. They announced the banner and the teams’ accomplishments throughout the season during that time. It was a a great experience and was a great opportunity for the players to get recognized.

The basketball team ended up winning the game as well. The team was doing well throughout the game and were knocking down their shots. It was a great game and win for Prep who defeated McDowell twice this season in basketball.

After the banner raising there were a lot of pictures taken of the team and the banner. The coaches and players all took pictures with the banner. This was a great accomplishment for the soccer team, and it was the second ever banner raised for Prep soccer. The team made history and was recognized for it. Having that at one of the biggest rivalry games of the year at half time showed the significance of what the soccer team accomplished.

Some students from that night had a lot of great things to say.

“It was great way to recognize the soccer team,” senior Jacob Haugh said. “The night was a great way to celebrate as a team and as a school for this accomplishment.”

Jacob is a great part of the soccer team and was a big part of the state championship win.

“I had a great time with the boys on the team over the weekend,” senior Kwame Anim-Somuah said. “The team hasn’t done much as a team since the win, so it was a great opportunity for the team and a great night for Prep soccer.”