2016

2015

2014

CP Tennis Season Preview

Holding a dozen D-10 titles since 2001, the Prep tennis team is looking to add yet another title to the trophy case in both the singles and doubles competitions. With senior leaders Jon Horstman, Matt DeMarco, and David Estes, CP tennis should be on everyone’s radar this spring. 

To start off the season, the team will be taking their annual trip to Hilton Head, South Carolina. While in South Carolina, the team will play two matches against teams local to the area and one from Chicago, Illinois. “The guys we play down there are always tough to beat. We’ve been feeling good, looking good, and playing well during practice, but the guys we play in South Carolina are always on the same page on and off the court, so it will be a good challenge to start off the year for us” said David Estes. 

Once they return from their preseason trip, the team will go to the State College Invitational, and officially begin their season the following week against Erie High School. Throughout the season, CP tennis will look to dominate D-10 for yet another year, and potentially outperform the competition at the state level to bring home more gold to Prep’s astounding athletic-run this year. 

During both his freshman and sophomore year, current senior Matt DeMarco earned a state-title alongside his brother, Joe, who graduated last year. With the brotherly duo commonly known as the “Smash Bros” no longer banded together at the high school level, Matt will attempt to win a state title in the individual competition. 

With a two-time state champ, and a team full of D-10 title holders, the Rambler tennis team looks to add to the history books and the trophy case this season. After the team finds their rhythm on their trip to Hilton Head, they will have an insight to as what challenges they will face throughout the season, as they attempt to mark over a dozen D-10 titles under the name of the Ramblers.