2016

2015

2014

Swim team wins at Districts for 18th straight year

For the 18th consecutive year, the Cathedral Prep swim team has won the District 10 swimming championship. 

The week of Feb. 21 was the District 10 Diving Championship. Cathedral Prep had four divers place in the top 15. Junior John David Campbell placed 6th, sophomore Max Campbell placed 9th, sophomore Vincent Kloecker placed 13th, and senior first-year diver Nick Cacchione placed 14th. However, the team did not have any divers qualify for states.

When sophomore Max Campbell was asked about the diving meet, he stated, “This year was not my best year at all. I plan to be ready next year, and qualify for the state meet.”

The Cathedral Prep swim team did not let up on any competition, winning almost every event. Here is how the meet went down. 

Prep’s 200 Medley Relay of Ethan Neff, Andrew Campbell, Gavin Ferry, and Michael Rahner reset a D-10 record they originally set a year ago, winning the event in 1:35.76, qualifying for states. C.J. Girts placed second in the 200 Freestyle. Prep senior, Jack Kloecker placed 3rd in the 50 Freestyle, while Michael Rahner won the 50 Freestyle to advance to states.

In the 100 Fly, Ethan Neff took 1st, and Gavin Ferry placed 2nd. The 200 Freestyle Relay of Jack Kloecker, Kyle Sargent, Jacob Clark and Gavin Ferry finished 1st, qualifying for states yet again. In the 100 Freestyle, Prep’s Mike Rahner placed 1st, Jack Kloecker 2nd, and Rob Lupo 4th. 

In the 500 Freestyle, Connor Moritz was 2nd, Matthew McCormick 5th, and Aidan Levis 6th. In the 100 Backstroke, Prep’s Ethan Neff set a new school record, winning the event and destroying all competition. In the 100 Breaststroke, Andrew Campbell took 2nd. And in the 400 Freestyle Relay, the Ramblers were first with Jack Kloecker, Jacob Clark, Ethan Neff and Mike Rahner, qualifying for states.

Ethan Neff reflected on the win. “It felt great. Everyone worked really hard all season, and it is starting to pay off. I can’t wait for the state meet!”

The Ramblers are now looking to become back-to-back state champions on March 13th and 14th at Bucknell University.