2016

2015

2014

January 2024 Athlete of the Month: Addie Biel

The well-anticipated Athlete of the Month is back for January. Among many stellar performances by multiple Ramblers, junior Addie Biel’s recent performances on the court stood out from the rest.

She and the Ramblers hoops squad has been on fire, proving to many why they are the best team in the state. Addie rounds up a star-studded roster. Having four games with 15+ points and a noteworthy 24 points against Harborcreek, generating offense has not been a problem for her all year. 

“I feel like my teammates have created the opportunity for me to score 15 points or more a game,” Addie said. “They are unselfish, share the ball, and always make the right read. I feel like working on post moves every day at practice helped me excel at my game in the paint.

Losing to 4A State Finalist South Fayette off a buzzer-beater last season, Addie and the rest of the Ramblers look to use that loss as motivation.

“The key to blocking out the noise that the team and I have been working on throughout the season is staying together and building our chemistry,” Addie stated. “We like to go by the saying ‘Prep vs. everybody’ so whoever or whatever gets in our way, we turn our backs and always come back to our ‘family,’ which is the team, and we get through the obstacles and distractions together.”

Honorable Mentions

Lauren Raimy (’24) broke a nine-year 5:05 1600m track time last weekend by running a 5:03:16 in Indoor Track and Field.

Nando Mirarchi (’26), a shifty sophomore basketball guard, had four games with 15+ points and a noteworthy 23 points against his former school.

Tanner Ball (’24), a star hockey goalie, had three shutouts and 110 saves in 7 games.