2016

2015

2014

Rambler football defeats Butler

This past week the Cathedral Prep Ramblers took on Butler High School in their homecoming game. This was a game filled with emotions as the homecoming king and queen were announced at halftime of the game. In a game filled with big plays, break-off runs, and a lot of excitement, here is how the Ramblers advanced to 6-1.

The Cathedral Prep ramblers smashed Butler 58-7 in their homecoming game this weekend. Prep quarterback Carter Barnes completed 6 of his 12 passes for 109 yards and a pair of touchdowns. He also added two rushing touchdowns on the ground for the Ramblers. Prep stuck to the ground game all night as starting senior running back Michael Parks III rushed the ball 18 times for 200 yards. The Ramblers totaled 422 yards on the ground this game and dominated in fashion. 

At halftime of the game the Prep and Villa homecoming king and queen were announced. Congratulations to Prep senior Amarion Tarver and Villa senior Sophia Latouf for being selected as this year’s Homecoming King and Queen! 

The team was proud of their ability to execute the game plan well.

“We had a plan to get big plays off the bat because we knew they would be a team to compete,” senior left tackle Eli Andre said.

He also talked about their success in the running game.

“Coach Czytuck is one of the best coaches out there and teaches the game to us very well, so a lot of credit goes to him,” Eli said. “The guys up front did a great job all game holding theirblocks and doing the dirty work.”

Starting center Caden Pustelek talked about how this game was won with the help of the offensive line.

“We ran for 422 yards, and a big part of that was the help and push we had upfront,” Caden said. “Mikey [Parks] had one hell of a game and put us in that position to get the win.” 

The Ramblers moved to 6-1 with the win over Butler. Prep will have a tough task ahead this Friday as they take on the 6-2 Meadville Bulldogs. The game is at 7 p.m. in Meadville, as the Ramblers look to move to 7-1 on the year.