2016

2015

2014

Student Profile: Caden Pustelak

Student Profile: Caden Pustelak

Prep is full with very talented and bright students who show their abilities not only in class but on the field and in the world. Caden Pustelak, a senior, is a prime example of this type of student, athlete, and person.

This year Caden was named a PIAA 5A all-star for football alongside his teammates Mikey Parks and Mario Crawford. Caden had a very successful senior season that was noticed by all who watched.

“Caden is a unique athlete,” Head Coach Mike Mischler said. “He committed himself in the offseason to better himself by dropping a bunch of his bad weight and putting on good weight in the weight room. He was a totally different player this year than last year. He is a behemoth on the field, but a teddy bear off the field.”

His drive on the field got him the success he has now, but his great and outgoing personality off the field also allows him to be a great person and leader for this year’s Prep football team.

“Caden was a leader first and foremost,” Coach Mischler said. “He was well-liked by the players and selected as a captain. He anchored our offensive line in the middle, starting at center for two seasons. Caden is a very tough person. When he dropped the weight, he transformed himself into a much better athlete. He moved better and was more physical.”

Coach Mischler believes Caden’s success on the field won’t only help him in his future with football but also in life in general.

“I believe strongly that sports translate well into life,” Coach Mischler said. “[Caden] has learned how self-discipline and hard work will yield huge results. He has learned that treating people with love and respect will come back to you ten-fold. He has learned what being part of a team truly means. Caden has a great high school career in football, but I think his best playing days are ahead of him in college. Once he gets in a college weight room, I think the sky is the limit for him.”

His personality and work ethic won’t only help him on the field but also in the classroom as he goes on through college and life.

“Caden is a solid student whose work is always done and is serious about his math. He always asks good questions, pays attention in class and works to the best of his ability,” said math teacher and assistant football coach Mr. Czytuck. Caden is a gentleman and a dependable person. His character has never come into question. Caden is always so respectful in class.”, says, math teacher, Mr. Czytuck.

Caden’s future is very promising and bright in the eyes of not only coaches but also teachers. “Caden is a great guy. He is a trusted friend to many people, likes to have fun and knows when to get serious,” Mr. Czytuck said. “He is dependable and worthy of any accolades he has and will receive.”

Friends of Caden are able to second everything said by others like his peers, teachers, and coaches.

“I’ve been friends with Caden for about four years now. Throughout those four years I was able to meet a person who is a very honest and humble person,” said senior Armani Moore.. “He has been able to help me through tough times and really be a good friend as a whole. “He’s an all around great friend, teammate, and person who I am proud to say is my friend.”