Seniors begin See’s Candies fundraiser

Aiden Gromley, Staff Writer

The senior class is hosting a senior fundraiser with See’s Candies to help raise money for the class. COVID-19 interfered with fundraising the past few years, so the senior class needs your help to make sure the class of 2023 can do all the things the past Prep and Villa classes have done. In selling See’s Easter and regular candy, the class of 2023 will be able to have a great end to their high school careers.

See’s Candies was a company founded in California and has been up and running since 1921. Major American business owner Warren Buffet has been putting money towards the company for a few years now, buying it for $25 million in 1972. With a brief history of the company, See’s Candies is helping the class of 2023 to make the events from Prep and Villa great.

When choosing a fundraiser, the senior class representatives and senior class advisers needed a way to help raise the most money and in a short period of time. With See’s Candies, senior class representative Ryan Hudson believes that See’s will be a great way to build up a lot of money in a short period of time.

“We are able to secure around 50 percent of the profits of the sales we generate for the company, which is a lot more than a lot of local businesses,” Ryan said.

Overall, See’s Candies is a great company allowing for the senior class to be able to afford all the events we need like prom, baccalaureate dinner, graduation, and senior breakfast. With a bonus, if we make over the money we need, the students will all get a sweatshirt from it, which was a long standing tradition at Villa before the merger.

Senior Hailey Sliker spoke about how receiving a sweatshirt would be a great way to keep the Victor spirit alive.

“Getting sweatshirts senior year was a tradition at Villa for the three years previous to my senior year, and I hope we are able to keep it going,” she said.

The Class of 2023 needs your help to make sure we are able to do these great events and help to keep traditions alive. With your help, this years senior class will have the opportunity to have a great send off and end to their high school careers.