2016

2015

2014

Rambler football team wins opener 21-6

Intensity is the perfect word for the way the Rambler football team played on Friday night. In the locker room before the game, not a sound could be heard except for Coach Mischler’s inspired speech to the team, amping the entire team up and building even more desire for the first W of the season.
Early in the first quarter, Glenville snuck a touchdown past the defense on a broken fourth down QB run, but that would prove to be the only points the defense surrendered.
As the second quarter started, the Rambler defense recovered a fumble to sway the momentum of the game, leading to a score. The defense was the main story of the game with two goal line stands to turn away Glenville’s offense, one of which turned into a 99-yard drive from Prep’s offense. Late in the fourth quarter, the Ramblers put the game away with a final touchdown to put the score at 21-6, the eventual final score.
The road win was a great start to the season for the Ramblers who have high hopes for the rest of the season. They have their home opener Friday, Sept. 5, when they welcome Strong Vincent to Dollinger Field at the Cathedral Prep Events Center.