2016

2015

2014

Ohio State defeats Penn State 38-10 to remain unbeaten

The Ohio State Buckeyes defeated the Penn State Nittany Lions 38-10 on Saturday night. The Buckeyes entered the game undefeated and ranked number one, while the Nittany Lions entered with a record of 5-1 with their only loss to Temple, 27-10 in Week 1.
Last year when these two teams met it was a really good game and it came down to the last second, but this year did not play out the same. Last year Ohio State was winning 17-0 going into the third quarter. Many people thought it was over there, but somehow the Nittany Lions didn’t give up and came back to force the game to go into overtime with the score tied 17-17. At the end of overtime, it was tied again at 24-24, so they started another quarter of overtime. This time the Buckeyes defense made a stop and the offense the punched it in to get the win in double overtime 31-24. Braxton Miller was hurt, so J.T. Barrett stepped up and got the job done, going 12 for 19 in completions with one touchdown, and he also rushed for two touchdowns. PSU quarterback Christian Hackenberg was 31 for 49 with one touchdown.
For this year’s game Braxton Miller was back, but he is no longer playing quarterback; he has moved to H-back, which is like a running back and wide receiver. While J.T. Barrett was the Buckeyes starting quarterback last year, this year Cardale Jones got the start. Jones led Ohio State to be the undisputed champs last season after Barrett was injured.
This year’s Ohio State-Penn State game went a lot different. There was no overtime and there was no point when the Nittany Lions were tied up the Buckeyes. Going into half the Buckeyes were winning 21-3. The Nittany Lions came out and put seven on the board, but then the Buckeyes just poured it on and added 17 to the 21 they already had. At the end of the game the score was 38-10 in favor of Ohio State.