2016

2015

2014

After breaking school win-streak record, football team prepares for St. Francis

Last Friday night the Cathedral Prep Rambler football team had a big win over Ohio powerhouse Lake Catholic. Prep was able to win with authority with the final score being 43-20. The team shocked a lot of people that they were able to beat a great team with such ease.
This win was also very significant to Prep because the team broke the longest win streak in Prep’s history and now holds the record at 18 games.
Prep is now looking to keep it alive this Friday when they play St. Francis at home. St. Francis is a very talented team out of New York. When asked about breaking the win streak and carrying the momentum into this game, senior Felix Manus said, “Breaking the winning streak is cool. We made Prep history and are one of the best football teams to play at Prep. That momentum will carry us because now we are going for the Erie County record that McDowell owns.”
Senior Jake DeHart also shared his thoughts about the accomplishment. “It is a great feeling to break the win streak,but we are even happier with being 3-0 and continuing our streak this year,” he said. “We will use this week to practice hard, get better, and get another W.”
Prep has some tough games in the weeks to come, including McDowell on Oct. 4, so staying focused will be one of their biggest concerns. Senior Alex Greenawalt explained what is important for the team in preparation for this week’s game. “We need to take it one game at a time and not look over them because they aren’t as strong as some of our opponents we will be facing in the next few weeks,” he said. “Just take it one game at a time and take care of business like usual.”