2016

2015

2014

First semiformal held at new gymnasium

This past Saturday, Jan. 23, students from both Cathedral Prep and Villa Maria Academy enjoyed a fun night of music and dance at NHS’s annual semiformal. The theme for the dance was “Fire and Ice,” playing on the two school’s colors, Prep with orange (Fire), and Villa with blue (Ice). Masses of students got all dressed up in the finest of gala apparel, went out to eat some fine cuisine with their date or group of friends, and headed on over to PVEC for the first school dance to ever take place in the new gym.
Upon entering the premises, students were asked to present their $15 tickets and in return received a glow stick (their choice of color) and admittance into the hottest party in town. And what a party it was.
What makes a good party? Most would say tasty food, good music, and cool people. Up in the food court area of PVEC there were tables set up displaying a nice arrangement of pretzels, chips, and cookies. There were also glass containers of ice water with lemon slices floating around inside, which added a nice touch of class. On the music side of things, Prep/Villa’s semiformal brought in Prep student Alex Blatt to DJ, and he certainly delivered. It was easy for everyone to get down to classics such as “Yeah” by Usher and “Fergalicious” by Fergie. As far as “cool people” goes, Prep and Villa students always seem to be the coolest of kids and as a result bring the coolest dates, so everyone was pretty chill.
Overall, the event was a complete success. As dance chairman David Roach said, “The NHS semiformal ran smoothly and those who came to the dance commented that they enjoyed the music, venue, and snack food.” The event was a blast and everyone had a “semi” good time.