2016

2015

2014

Ramblers begin annual “No Shave November”

As October came to an end, many of the Cathedral Prep Ramblers were more than happy be able to put the razors away for an entire month to participate in Prep’s annual “No Shave November” fundraiser. For this event, 56 students paid $20 to be able to grow out as much facial hair as they can during the month of November. This is a fun and unique opportunity for students, as they have to be clean shaven throughout the rest of the year, as per the student handbook. Aside from being free from shaving for a month, the event is also for a great cause, as all proceeds from this event will be donated to the Shriner’s Hospitals for Children. 
There will be a multitude of different styles and densities of facial hair by the end of the month, but there are certainly a couple senior beard growers who you should keep your eyes out for. The first is senior Matthew Whaley. Whaley has always been known for his thick, burly sideburns, comparable to Hugh Jackson’s burns in The Wolverine. While the burns have always been his strong suit, the overall beard is very respectable as well. As president of SGA, he is also happy to see the money going to a good cause saying, “I’m appreciative that this year all the proceeds are going to the Shriner’s Hospitals for Children.”
Next up is senior Ethan Taraski. This guy truly has a gift when it comes to beard growing. He already has significant growth one week in, so he may have to worry about being mistakenly identified as a lumberjack by the time Thanksgiving rolls around. Of course, there are many other talented beard growers at Prep, which will make walking the halls quite the spectacle.
Overall, November should be an entertaining month at Cathedral Prep. The beards will only continue to get longer and hopefully thicker as the end of the month draws closer to the end of the month. Not shaving will be enjoyed by all those participating until the very end because it’s right back to a clean shaven look on Dec. 1.