2016

2015

2014

2022-23 course catalogue includes new academic path options

As the calendar of the 2021-22 school year shifts to April, it’s time to start thinking about what next year will look like for Cathedral Prep. Prep and Villa made the announcement in 2021 that the two campuses will be combining for the 2022-23 school year. With the announcement of the two schools combining, it led to a lot of uncertainty of what the next school year is going to look like. The 2022-23 course catalog for the new Cathedral Prep has been released, and there are many positive changes within the courses and school.

Cathedral Preparatory School typically requires a minimum of 10 students to run a course. There is a minimum of 29 credits that students have to attain so they will be able to graduate. The additional requirements for graduation are 25 service hours each year, students must take the SAT or ACT exam, and students are also required to be accepted into a four-year college.

Courses are offered at Academic, Honors, and AP/Advanced Standing. The Honors as well as AP and AS courses are given additional weight when factored into a student’s QPA because of a higher level of preparation.

“I am looking forward to next year and all of the new opportunities that are being presented with these new classes,” junior Hayden Hutchinson said.

Another thing that Cathedral Prep is incorporating next year are the academic path programs. These programs provide students with focused core and elective course offerings supplemented by cocurricular in preparation for academic studies beyond the hallways of the school. Some of these programs include the architecture and engineering path, business path, global studies path, medical path and the tech path.

“I am definitely most excited for all of these academic path programs for next year,” sophomore Noah Handzel said. “Most kids go into college not knowing what they want to do as a career, and I feel with this program it will help better prepare me to find a career quicker.”

It is a very exciting time for Cathedral Prep and Villa Maria Academy. Next school year will go down in the history books. With all of the new classes and buildings, there will be lots of change, but in many ways change can be good.