2016

2015

2014

Senior Events Preparations

As another school year comes to a conclusion, a number of events for seniors have come. So far seniors have been able to enjoy the senior retreat and Outreach Day. Senior retreat was an amazing event for all the seniors as they got to test their limits on the ropes course at Peek’n Peak Resort. The ropes course is a very scary but fun obstacle course up in the trees. You get to go from level to level that get harder and harder as you go up the line.

“Senior retreat was such a good time,” senior Patrick Sullivan said. “You could tell they took the time to really prepare each part of it from the Mass at the beginning to the food and the extra games to play while waiting to go up in the trees.”

“The ropes course was so much fun,” senior Elijah Andre said. “It was really scary at times, but all around it was insane. I especially loved doing the zip line parts of the course.”

All around everyone loved senior retreat and even showed interest in going back on their own.

“It allowed us as a class to kind of bond and really enjoy being together as a whole class before we graduate,” senior Armani Moore said.

“I loved how we could bond while also having a lot of fun,” senior Jacob Cooper said. “It was so much fun; I may go up again with friends or even just in my own.”

After not being able to participate in Outreach Day because of COVID, Outreach Day returned this year. Everyone was happy when getting word of this event’s return because it gives us as not only a school, but as a brotherhood, the chance to give back to the community and really show how service is a big part of Prep’s ideology. 

“Being able to get back out there and give back to the community was great,” said senior Caden Pustelk. “COVID stopped us from being able to do it last year, which makes it very enduring to be able to do it this yea.”

“It was actually a pretty fun time,” said senior Nick Lydic. The senior class was able to go to the beach and pick up trash, which was nice because the weather wasn’t bad. Doing service with friends is always fun.”

The next event for seniors is the senior banquet, which is always a great and memorable time for all the students that participate. After that, seniors have Baccalaureate Mass on Wednesday, June 1 at St. Jude, and then graduation on Sunday, June 5 at the Warner Theater.

“After seeing how good senior events have been so far, I’m excited for senior banquet and especially when I walk across the stage at graduation,” said Jacob Cooper.

As the last all boys class in Cathedral Prep history, seniors have a lot to look forward to with more events to come and then, most importantly, ending it all off with graduation.