2016

2015

2014

Week 3 NFL Power Rankings

As the NFL enters Week 3 of the regular season, here’s how the teams stand.
32. Jacksonville Jaguars (0-2)
The Jacksonville Jaguars are absolutely horrible. I have two words to sooth Jaguar fans: Teddy Bridgewater. That is basically the only thing the Jaguars have to look forward to this season after their 0-2 start and accumulating an astounding 11 points.
31. Cleveland Browns (0-2)
The Browns’ offensive woes are the reason they are 0-2 to start the season. Offensive Coordinator Norv Turner failed to utilize Trent Richardson in the right way, and now he’s been traded to the Colts. It could be a long season for the Brownies.
30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-2)
Even though the Buccaneers have only lost by a total of 3 points in two games, they have issues that go way beyond the results of their game. Coach Greg Schiano and quarterback Josh Freeman might be out of town after this season.
29. Minnesota Vikings (0-2)
Besides having the best running back in the past decade on their team, Minnesota looks very helpless. Secondary problems and quarterback issues have diminished Minnesota’s chances thus far this season.
28. Oakland Raiders (1-1)
Don’t get me wrong, Terrelle Pryor brings a breath of fresh air to Oakland fans, and the resurgence of Darren McFadden is good news as well, but keep in mind they beat Jacksonville. The game was truly hard to watch.
27. New York Jets (1-1)
Right now the Jets look very standard on offense. The Jets should have won their game this past Thursday night against the Patriots. That was their opportunity to steal a crucial one from a division opponent.
26. Carolina Panthers (0-2)
After getting demoralized by the Seattle Seahawks, the Panthers let dumb mistakes and crucial errors decide their fate in Buffalo this past weekend. Cam Newton is going to have to turn into Cam the Man here soon if the Panthers have any chance this season in the NFC South.
25. Pittsburgh Steelers (0-2)
The Steelers have an identity crisis at the moment. Unless they get back to “Steeler Football” that won them so many of their championships, it will be a long season in the 412.
24. Washington Redskins (0-2)
The Redskins have been outscored 51-7 in the first half so far this season. RGIII looks tentative and scared out there coming back from ACL surgery. I have confidence the Redskins will turn it around.
23. Buffalo Bills (1-1)
I know it is early in Buffalo, but the excitement around Ralph Wilson Stadium is absolutely real. The Buffalo organization definitely believes in their first round quarterback, E.J. Manuel.
22. Tennessee Titans (1-1)
After an impressive win against the Steelers, the Titans let one get away in Houston.  Jake Locker keeps looking more and more like a bust everyday.
21. Arizona Cardinals (1-1)
Carson Palmer looks to have some control of the Cardinals’ offense, but that’s not the problem. The pass rush in Arizona is beyond weak. Only one sack in two games? C’mon Arizona.
20. New York Giants (0-2)
The best team at 0-2 lies right in New York. With a game they let get away and a thorough beat down at the hands of the Denver Broncos, hopes don’t look good in NY. But remember this, Eli Manning has won two Super Bowls. He knows what it takes to win.
19. St. Louis Rams (1-1)
Although on paper it looks like a 7-point loss to the Falcons this past weekend, the Rams looked bad. The Falcons beat the Rams down.
18. Detroit Lions (1-1)
The Lions have to clean up the penalties if they want to win football games and return to the playoffs. Matt Stafford also needs to throw the ball to Calvin Johnson. I need fantasy points.
17. Philadelphia Eagles (1-1)
As soon as the Eagles lose a game people suddenly stop talking about how fast that offense is and start talking about the secondary issues. But the Eagles were actually faster this game than they were against the Redskins Monday night.
16. San Diego Chargers (1-1)
After letting one slip away against Houston on Monday night, the Chargers regrouped to win a last second game against the Eagles. Philip Rivers looks very good.
15. Kansas City Chiefs (2-0)
The Chiefs have already matched their win total from a year ago. They have finally found a good coach in Andy Reid and a consistent quarterback in Alex Smith. I am sure Andy Reid is eagerly anticipating their week 3 game against Philadelphia.
14. Dallas Cowboys (1-1)
Yes, the Cowboys lost to Kansas City, but they still have one heck of a team. They need Tony Romo and Dez Bryant to get healthy though or things could get ugly in Big D.
13. Indianapolis Colts (1-1)
The Colts look a lot like last years team. They dropped a rough one at home to the Dolphins, who made Andrew Luck look human. Nonetheless, I expect the Colts to be in the playoff picture come January.
12. Miami Dolphins (2-0)
With the biggest surprise of the season so far, the Dolphins are 2-0. This is due in large part to QB Ryan Tannehill’s maturation as a second year quarterback and his favorite target Mike Wallace. Look for the fins to keep on rolling in those sharp unis.
11. Chicago Bears (2-0)
The Bears are 2-0, yes. They have squeaked out two victories though. Jay Cutler is playing well, and the defense is looking very good. We’ll see how well Da Bears look in the upcoming weeks.
10. Baltimore Ravens (1-1)
After getting taken to the woodshed by the Broncos in week 1, the Ravens rebounded by defeating the Browns. The offense still looks very shaky. Look for a sharp decline with the Ravens this year.
9. Cincinnati Bengals (1-1)
Andy Dalton led the way Monday night over the struggling Pittsburgh Steelers. The Bengals could possibly be 2-0 if not for a dumb Rey Maualuga penalty at Chicago.
8. New England Patriots (2-0)
The Patriots are struggling to find Tom Brady a number one receiver. After a one point win in Buffalo and a sluggish 3-point win against the Jets, we will have to see where New England will end up this season.
7. New Orleans Saints (2-0)
The Saints look true to form and are proving one day at a time that last year was nothing but a fluke.
6. Atlanta Falcons (1-1)
The Falcons lost a close one to New Orleans in week one but totally dismantled the Rams in week two. Look for big things from the Falcons.
5. Houston Texans (2-0)
Houston is definitely earning the nickname of the Cardiac Kids with two come-from-behind victories. Andre Johnson’s injury will be key to Houston’s season. Hopefully it won’t be severe.
4. Green Bay Packers (1-1)
After losing a close one in possibly the game of the year so far to the Niners, Aaron Rodgers and company came out and tore apart the helpless Redskins.
3. San Francisco 49ers (1-1)
The 49ers looked awful Sunday night against the Seahawks, but don’t worry Niner fans, your team is still great.
2. Denver Broncos (2-0)
After the shellacking they laid on the Ravens last Thursday, the Broncos destroyed the Giants in their own building.
1. Seattle Seahawks (2-0)
Seattle’s D proved its utter dominance against San Francisco on Sunday by allowing a total of 3 points. They have allowed 10 points all year long and less than 250 yards in both games. Seattle is the real deal.