2016

2015

2014

The growth of technology

The release of the new apple update, iOS7, brings to light thinking about the development of such ideas and computers in general. Technology has changed a lot since the creation of the old systems made back in the year 2000 to how they are now in 2013.
In the year 2000, the operating system “Windows 2000” was created by Microsoft as one of its brand new ideas. It was something that could run better programs than ever with a more efficient system. It sold very well for its time, despite being sold retail at $319. It was something that nobody had even seen at the time, demonstrating how new ideas can make people’s lives easier. Windows at the time was aiming for the “personal computer” or PC, something citizens could have at home instead of only at work. It was designed for both enjoyment and work that one would accomplish at home.
The jump in technology made people’s lives much easier, able to complete math equations on a simple calculator instead of doing it mentally without the tools we use today. This was regarded as a very high jump for human kind. Having machines do even more work for the humans cut down on our workload.
As time went on, Microsoft continued to release its following updates, including Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8, whereas their competitor, Apple has continued to upgrade their own systems with their i-device series, which included the titles, iOS1 through iOS7.
These new systems brought even more features to the hands of the users, especially with the more modern use of the Internet, which is currently available to almost everyone. With a few key-strokes information is now only a few clicks away. It was a large jump. Comparing this to how things used to be, you could never learn things at the pace you can now. The resources are almost endless.
We seem to have almost everything now, which brings up some questions. Will things continue to get better? What else can we have?
After doing some research myself, I have discovered that the increasing quality of technology is going at a steady pace. The reason why most people do not see this is because there is not much more that can be provided currently for the normal user. Things are being improved for the users in technical fields such as astrophysicists, biologists, and engineers. The groups that will continue to see these benefits is more numerous than you might think.
At the pace things are going now, I have a feeling that technology will continue to help our lives for quite a while longer. Companies will continue to try to sell things to people with a few updates, keeping their profits up, as well as computer engineers creating better machines for the general use.