2016

2015

2014

San Francisco’s heartwarming story of Batkid

It was a sunny day in San Francisco. There was a light breeze as the sun reached its peak. It was the perfect day for crime. A helpless woman was tied to a bomb on the cable tracks. It seemed as if her fate was sealed until Batkid came to save the day! The hero swooped in driving his Lamborghini Batmobile and diffused the bomb and got her off the tracks. The damsel in distress repaid the little man with a hug. Batkid’s day of crime fighting wasn’t over yet.
The crime fighter soon discovered that the Riddler was attempting to rob a bank. With little time to spare, the Batkid arrived on scene. A crowd of 20,000 people cheered as they watched him enter the building to stop the Riddler. The hero used his wit and trapped the evil villain within the bank. Once Batkid had cornered the evildoer and locked him inside the bank, he retreated and let the police take care of the rest.
He then received a notice that the mascot for the San Francisco Giants had been kidnapped by the Penguin! After he had saved mascot and conquered crime for the day, tens upon thousands of people gathered to thank him. He was then honored by the citizens as he received a chocolate key to the city.
The hero of this story is 5-year-old Miles Scott, who has just defeated the greatest villain of all, cancer. Miles had been suffering from leukemia, a type of cancer that affects the bones, since he was 2 years old. He went through three years of treatment, including chemotherapy, and is now finally in remission after a long and strenuous battle with the disease. Miles Scott is certainly a superhero for that.
Mile’s greatest wish was to be Batman, and this wish was granted by the Make-a-Wish Foundation with the help of San Francisco officials and citizens. The project cost the city $105,000. The city and foundation are hoping to make that money back through private donations. The San Francisco Chronicle released a special addition newspaper praising the young hero with articles written by Clark Kent and Louis Lane.
This small boy’s wish did wonders for people all across America. The beauty of this event restored all of our faiths in humanity and warmed our hearts. If you are ever having a bad day, just remember the story of Batkid, and think to yourself, anybody can be a hero.