Activities Fair 2022

Aiden Gromley, Staff Writer

An activities fair for the clubs of Cathedral Prep was held in the student life center last Tuesday. The fair paved the way for a lot of opportunities for not only the students engaging in the new or old clubs, but helped to provide exposure for some of the lesser known clubs to get exposure.

There were some new clubs that entered the scene at this fair that drew a lot of attention from the students. One of them is the new Sailing Club.  With a now new coed setting at Cathedral Prep, it allows for a lot more clubs to open up to be provided for the students and can draw more attention to more clubs.

Senior Leah Mankiewicz, a founder of the book club at Cathedral Prep, talks about how the club fair helped to bring more attention to her club.

“The club fair helped us to get more noticed as a club as a whole,” Leah said. “ It brought us more members from all grades.”

The fair not only benefited a lot more clubs get more attention that they deserve to get, it helped the underclassmen students to find new friends and people that they can bond with over a common interest.

It can be a hard time as an underclass student to try and find people that you would like to be friends with. Especially with the combination of coed, it can be even harder to find a good group of friends to choose from when there are so many new people to interact with. The club fair allowed new and existing underclass students to find a group of other students to bond with over a common interest.

Sophomore Noah Wagner believes that the club fair helped the underclassmen to seek more opportunities and find people with similar interests than them.

“I think it helped people seek more opportunities,” Noah said, ” and it brings people together with their common interests.”

The addition of the club fair this year helped the whole school to become more familiar and knowledgeable about all of the activities other than sports that Cathedral Prep has to offer for all of their students. For years to come, the club fair will help students to find their groups of friends they will have for the rest of their lives and build bonds like no other.