The Rambler Podcast spotlights alumni, inspires future Ramblers

Matt Kalie, Staff Writer

The Rambler Podcast was started over this summer in July of 2022. Mr. Jimmy Smith (’11), AVP of development and strategic initiative, hosts the podcast and got it going. The podcast has two episodes per month. To date, 12 episodes have been published. The episodes mainly focus on the success and journey of Cathedral Prep and trying to inspire others to be the best students they can at school.

The podcast has two podcasts each month that include special guests on the show who are or have been heavily involved with Cathedral Prep. The guests are members of the school’s community who have had a positive influence and represent Prep in a positive way. They also talk about their success, not only with Prep but their success outside in the real world and how Prep help set them up for that success. I reached out to Mr. Smith about the podcast hoping to get some more information on it and some things he would like to say about it.

“The episodes are focused on discussing that person’s current role, responsibilities, and how they help serve at Prep,” he said.

The podcast is very interesting and it is different from other podcasts, especially around Erie because of the success that has came through the two schools. Some of the biggest names that have been on the podcast are Mike McCoy who graduated in 1966 and went on to play in the NFL for eleven years and is now president of Mike McCoy Ministries as well as WNBA star Kayla McBride who graduated from Villa in 2010 and has been in the WNBA since 2014. The podcast is very new but has a very bright future.

Episodes can be found on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and other places where podcasts can be found.