2016

2015

2014

Architecture and Engineering Path Overview

The Architecture and Engineering Path is one of five different academic paths that are offered to the students of Cathedral Prep. This program offers students the ability to take specialized classes, listen to guest speakers, attend career days at local colleges, and give the students who are interested in pursuing either one of these academic realms an advanced understanding when going into college.

“I believe that these courses offer a unique opportunity for incoming students at Prep,” senior Grace Barrett said. “I wish that I had that opportunity when I was a freshman. I think that it would have really helped me going into college for something around engineering.

The director of the program, Mr. Vicary, has been helping to form the program since its inception.

“This is the second year of the Architecture and Engineering path existing,” Mr. Vicary said. “With that being said, we are still working on getting a lot of the specifics formed. I would like to have everything in the program locked down in about two more years.”

With the consolidation of Prep and Villa done, and all the resources and faculty being on one campus, students will be able to experience a program that is unique to Prep.

“My vision for the program is to have a good number of students involved,” Mr. Vicary said. “I want to be sure that they are getting a good supplement of real-world experiences in addition to classroom instruction. I would like to work with our corporate and academic partners to ensure that this becomes reality. We also have the STEAM lab, laser engravings, and 3-D printing here that I want to make sure that we are utilizing to the best of our ability.”

One of the main selling points of this program is the unique classes that it is going to offer to students.

“We have a couple of more classes that we would like to create over the next few years,” Mr. Vicary said. “We already created the mechanical drawing class to go along with the program. I would like to add a general class that every student in the program is in so that I have communication with them frequently to keep them up to date on all of the opportunities that they are being offered and the expectations that I have for them as the director.”