2016

2015

2014

What is your favorite Christmas song?

December is here, which means Christmas is on the minds of students. This week, the staff wrote about their favorite Christmas song.

Kwame Anim-Somuah

My favorite Christmas song would have to be “Last Christmas” by Wham! It’s a holiday classic and the first song I associate with Christmas. At any Christmas party I would go to as a kid, I would have to sing this song religiously at least once with a cup of hot chocolate in my hand. Another holiday banger would have to be “Feliz Navidad.” 

Lindsay Armanini

Tyler Chermack

Josie Dufala

Lauren Middleton

John Santone
Christmas has hundreds if not thousands of songs. It isn’t easy to pick a favorite, even if half of them are cheesy and slightly annoying sometimes. I’d say my favorite is Wham’s “Last Christmas”, which I’m aware is one of the cheesiest. Something about the catchy melodies make it nice to listen to. Also, it’s different than most Christmas songs, because its more melancholy than upbeat. I also like “Carol of the Bells.”
Dominick Scarpino
My favorite Christmas song is “Happy Xmas (War Is Over)by John Lennon. I have always thought that this was a really beautiful song. It’s simplicity in the music and lyrics is what makes it so great. It is a bit on the sad side, but I still enjoy it. A close second favorite song is definitely “Carol of the Bells” by Mykola Leontovych. I think that it is a great song for fight scenes in Christmas movies like the one in Home Alone.