2016

2015

2014

Turn over a new leaf

New Year’s resolutions have been a tradition for over 4,000 years. Some individuals don’t participate in this specific activity, which is fine because it’s not mandatory nor does everyone expect you to do it. These resolutions can help one’s personal life and could boost them to feel better about themselves. More like to look at these resolutions as challenges in their year and look forward to overcoming it. Resolutions also don’t have to be set as a challenge or more as just a reminder to one’s self.

A resolution is a promise you make to yourself to start doing something good or to stop doing something bad on the first day of the new year. It is also in consideration as a decision to do something or to behave in a certain manner. There is also an idiom of a New Year’s Resolution; it’s to “turn over a new leaf.”

Some facts about these resolutions are an average of 44 percent of Americans make a New Year’s Resolution before the night is over. Only 31 percent of people stick with the promises they made to themselves the prior year. 81 percent of individuals fail by February.

Now let’s get into what these resolutions could be and look like. You could start a gratitude journal. This could look like keeping track of things, people, and events that you are grateful for throughout the year. This could help improve your mental and physical health. You could start to build a better budget for yourself. This is always a good idea for those that struggle with their money mainly by spending it. Save up and keep going with what you have and only spend for what you need. You could cut bad habits out of your daily life. This could help improve your sleep, mood, skin, and your immune system.

There are many different types of resolutions you could come up with on your own. Anyone can overcome them and face the challenges. The main key point is to believe in yourself and to not give up.