2016

2015

2014

Show choir performs at PMEA District Chorus

The Show Choir has participated in the PMEA District every year since 1933. The PMEA District choir is offered an amazing opportunity to compete and show off the skills they have built over the years. This was held on Thursday-Saturday Jan. 11-13 at Allegheny College. Anyone is welcome to this opportunity to work hard and show others that it is worth it to try everything. You have to submit certain vocal to the selection committee and from there you wait to see if you made it to go and see where you place.

When accepted to go be placed you have to practice certain songs and music that is assigned to you. As much as you can practice before you go to the district you will not be allowed to look at your music when you practice there. You should know your music and be ready to go. But don’t worry if you forget or mess up; it’s okay, they will help you correct it. After all the practice you will then be told where you are placed for the finals. Once you know your place you begin to perform in front of others.

“It helps the choir show that we take what we do seriously,” said Alex Junkin, a Cathedral Prep show choir member.

The show choir wouldn’t do what they do and put time and hard work into the things they pursue if they weren’t serious about it. If they weren’t serious about what they do, they would be all over the place and wouldn’t have even tried to participate and take the opportunity of going to the PMEA District Choir. It’s all about the dedication you as an individual could have for that one certain thing.