2016

2015

2014

Prep Student Council hosts Easter egg hunt

Screenshot
Screenshot

On Thursday, March 28, the Cathedral Prep Student Council hosted a school-wide Easter egg hunt for the entire student body. The Easter Egg Hunt took place throughout the day on the campus of the school. Easter Eggs were hidden around various places in the school by Student Council to give students a fun activity on the last day of school before spring break.

“The Easter Egg Hunt was a really fun activity to get everyone through to Easter Break,” senior Emma Izbicki said. “I was only able to find a few of the eggs because I take Gannon classes in the morning. For next year, maybe student council can restock them throughout the day to give everyone a chance to find them, not just the students who get here very early.”

Senior Lindsay Armanini was in charge of the planning and execution of the Easter Egg Hunt.

“Student Council based this event off of a smaller event we hosted last year,” Lindsay said. “Last spring, we did a small-scale Easter Egg hunt that just took place in the school gymnasium. We took that idea and expanded it to the entire school. I emailed different faculty members to see if they would be willing to both hide the Easter Eggs in their classrooms as well as have special awards for people who found a slip of paper in the egg. I also helped organize the people who would hide the eggs after school the day before the hunt.”

Lindsay was very happy with how the event played out and has some ideas for how the event could improve next year.

“I think that the event went very well for the first time we did a school-wide hunt,” Lindsay said. “The main issue from the event was that the students who arrived early to school got a lot of the eggs, and people who arrived later did not really get much of a chance to hunt. We tried to add some more eggs throughout the day, but those were also gone very quickly. I feel like the event went very well. I also think the egg hunt next year will address these problems and become even better.”