2016

2015

2014

Updated 2015 Rambler Bracket Challenge standings entering Sweet 16

The composite staff bracket that the staff of The Rambler voted on has one glaring error with Baylor in the Final Four, but the bracket scored 380 points overall, so it’s in the middle of the pack for the time being.

The 2015 NCAA Men’s Basketball March Madness Tournament started two weeks ago, and the madness began right away. There have already been multiple upsets with 10-seed Ohio State beating, 7-seed VCU, 11-seed UCLA winning over 6-seed SMU, 11-seed Dayton winning over 6-seed Providence. Additionally, two 14 seeds, Georgia St. and UAB beat a pair of 3 seeds, Baylor and Iowa State, respectively. And all of that happened in the round of 64.
The third round or Round of 32 went more according to form with only two real upsets, while two 7th-seeded teams, Wichita St. And Michigan St, were victorious over 2nd-seeded Kansas and Virginia, respectively.
After these first few of rounds, no brackets have been left unscathed. Not only are there no perfect brackets left in the 2015 Rambler Bracket Challenge, but also there are no perfect brackets left among the millions of entries turned in on ESPN.
In terms of The Rambler’s contest, sophomore Kyle Carter sits atop the leaderboard with 500 points, having made only 10 incorrect picks. He has Gonzaga as his tournament winner. Close behind Kyle, tied for second place, with 470 points are sophomore Nick Hardner, who has Arizona winning it all, and senior Niklas Bitters, who has Kentucky.
At the bottom of the standings is sophomore Andrew Haverly. His strategy of using a random number generator proved unsuccessful as he is the only participant still under 200 points with only 190 through the end of Sunday’s games. And just barely ahead of him are three staff members of The Rambler, senior Daniel Bauman with 290 points, junior Joe Sala with 300, and senior Oliver Wiesner with 320.

The composite staff bracket that the staff of The Rambler voted on has one glaring error with Baylor in the Final Four, but the bracket scored 380 points overall, so it's in the middle of the pack for the time being.

The tournament resumes with Sweet 16 games on Thursday and Friday and the Elite 8 on Saturday and Sunday. Let’s see how the rest of the tournament plays out, and the madness it can create.
Check below for a full breakdown of the current Rambler Bracket Challenge standings:

First Name Last Name Total Points
Kyle Carter 500
Niklas Bitters 470
Nick Hardner 470
Jed Bartos 460
Matt Conrad 460
Muhamed Pehlic 460
Peter Bloomstine 450
Keegan Farver 450
Maurice House 450
Joshua Kovalcin 450
Kyle Martin 450
Rory Monahan 450
Mr. Parsons 450
Robby Quinn 450
Thomas Rosenthal 450
Daniel Serafin 450
Austin Bovee 440
Philip Cammarata 440
Kyle Carman 430
Eli Chase 430
Jonathan Szymczek 430
Matt Fessler 420
Mark Leone 420
Mark Majewski 420
Luke Baloga 410
Josh Heberlein 410
Mrs. Kim 410
Chris Muldrew 410
Noah Noble 410
Tino Scutella 410
Justin Whitman 410
Chad Zaczyk 410
Mr. Colwell 400
Nathan Serafin 400
Brian Buseck 390
Bryan Carlson 390
John Ogeka 390
Tyler Smith 390
Albert Taylor 390
Kevin Bello 380
Zarek Causgrove 380
Noah Nicolia 380
Edward Ruff III 380
Doug Spizarny 380
Dillon Elliott 370
Mr. Hubert 370
Jack Kelly 370
Jared Ordos 370
Jack Zaphiris 370
Ryan Dyne 350
Ryan Misko 350
Sean Reed 340
Ryan Signorino 340
Oliver Wiesner 320
Joe Sala 300
Daniel Bauman 290
Andrew Haverly 190