2016

2015

2014

College Football Top-25 Weekend Recap

College Football Top-25 Weekend Recap

As the countdown to the 2013 BCS title game continues, here is a recap of this past weekend’s action in the top-25 in college football.
#3 Florida State – 41
#7 Miami – 17
Recap: Jameis Winston did not have his best game of the season, but the Seminoles easily took care of the Hurricanes and have declared themselves as the state champs.
#4 Ohio State – 56
Purdue – 0
Recap: This game was over early for the Boilermakers as the Buckeyes jumped on them from the start. It seems like Urban Meyer is running up the score a little bit  after winning the last two games by a margin of 119-7.
#8 Clemson – 59
Virginia – 10
Recap: Tajh Boyd set the ACC record for touchdowns in a career in this 49-point beatdown of the Cavaliers.
#9 Missouri – 31
Tennessee – 3
Recap: Missouri bounced back in a big way a week after their home loss to South Carolina. Tennessee looked utterly awful in this contest.
#11 Auburn – 35
Arkansas – 17
Recap: Auburn is proving that under Gus Malzahn, they are officially back in the SEC championship discussion. With an upcoming game against ‘Bama, the Tigers have a great opportunity to make some noise in the SEC West.
#12 Texas A&M – 57
UTEP – 7
Recap: Johnny Manziel strengthened his Heisman campaign for the second straight year with a 6 TD performance over the obviously overmatched Texas El-Paso squad.
#14 South Carolina – 34
Mississippi St. – 16
Recap: A week after defeating the Missouri Tigers in Missouri, South Carolina took care of business at home against the Bulldogs. The Gamecocks were led by Connor Shaw’s 4 TDs.
#18 Oklahoma State – 52
#15 Texas Tech – 34
Recap: Oklahoma St. upended Texas Tech on Saturday in Lubbock. The Pokes pulled off this mini upset due in large part to out scoring the Red Raiders 42-6 in the first and third quarter combined.
#16 Fresno State – 41
Nevada – 23
Recap: Fresno State improved its record to 9-0 on Saturday. They were led in large part by quarterback Derek Carr’s 487 passing yards.
#17 Northern Illinois – 63
Massachusetts – 19
Recap: Jordan Lynch led his 9-0 Husky squad to the easy victory over the Minutemen this weekend. The Huskies are 1 of 6 undefeated teams left playing this season.
#20 UCLA – 45
Colorado – 23
Recap: UCLA rebounded very nicely on Saturday after the big defeat they took at the hands of the Stanford Cardinal last weekend.
#22 Michigan State – 29
#21 Michigan – 6
Recap: Sparty took it to U of M in this battle for the state of Michigan. Michigan broke a school record for least amount of rushing yards in a game with negative 48 yards in this contest.
#24 Wisconsin – 28
Iowa – 9
Recap: The Badgers and star tailback James White took down the Hawkeyes by outscoring them 14-0 in the final frame of play.
#25 Notre Dame – 38
Navy – 34
Recap: It was a slugfest all the way through in South Bend, but the Irish put together a final drive stop of the Midshipmen to save their season and their BCS Bowl hopes.
Byes: Alabama, Oregon, Stanford, Oklahoma, Baylor, LSU, Louisville, UCF