2016

2015

2014

Police release surveillance videos of XXXTentacion murder

This past week, police released the surveillance video of the murder of 20-year-old rapper, XXXTentacion that occurred on June 18, 2018, in Pompano Beach, Florida. The surveillance video came from the motor cycle dealership in which the rapper was previously looking for a new vehicle. It shows XXXTentacion inside the dealership when two men walk in, glancing at the rapper. Cutting to a different camera, it shows two men jump out of a car and approach the rapper’s black BMW as he was leaving.
It appears from the video that the two alleged attackers, Michael Boatwright and Trayvon Newsome, attempted to rob XXXTentacion. When he resisted their attack, one pulled out a gun and fatally shot him. The video also shows both men getting back in their car and driving away. Family members and friends suspect that this attack was not random, and may have even been planned. XXXTentacion did have his fair share of legal struggles in the past, with charges including gun possession, aggravated battery, and domestic violence.
Along with the large number of legal troubles, he was quite controversial on different social media platforms. Dedrick Williams, Michael Boatwright, Trayvon Newsome, and Robert Allen have all been charged with first degree murder. Allen and Williams were also in the SUV that allowed the attackers, Boatwright and Newsome, to get away. This video will certainly serve as a key piece of evidence for figuring out the remaining questions from this case.
Before his death, XXXTentacion was one of the most popular young rappers in the United States with his number one album titled ? that included hit song, “Sad!”. It’s safe to say, the death of such a young, troubled talent is truly a shame and he will be missed among the music community.