2016

2015

2014

What could you never live without?

This week our staff was asked: what could you never live without? Read their responses and rationales below.

Colin Bish

I feel repetitive when I say this, but I don’t think I could live without sports. The players, the fans, the excitement of it all is unlike anything ever seen in history. Sports also taught me multiple valuable life lessons that I still hang on to today. Sports introduced me to teammates and coaches that I still remember their impact on my life to this day. I don’t think I could survive if sports were not here right now.

Landon Kalie

I feel like couldn’t live without my family. My family is so important to me because they’re always there for me. Electronics and items of value obviously mean a lot to me, and I’m grateful, but family is priceless. I said this mainly because it’s tough for others without their parents or siblings, and I feel like it’s nothing we should ever take for granted.   

Brian Lee

Something I couldn’t live without, aside from the obvious choices of my family, friends, and loved ones, is iced coffee. At least three times a week, I go to Pressed at 8th and Greengarden and order my 20-oz Almond Roca Mocha Iced Latte. I’m a pretty tired person overall, and coffee gives me the energy to take on the day and make it as productive as possible. Repeatedly getting the drink with my close friends has turned it into a sort of ritual and something that can always boost my mood. Although it seems somewhat odd and random, I definitely couldn’t live without iced coffee because it boosts my energy level and demeanor overall.   

Brody McIntire

Something I couldn’t live without is definitely my bed. I sleep in my bed almost every night, and when I can’t, I don’t sleep well. I like to go home late when hanging out with friends rather than stay the night on their couch, and ever sense I’ve gotten my license and my car, it’s much easier to just go home rather than call my parents to be picked up at 3 a.m. on a Friday night. My bedroom is where I’m at most of the time when I’m at home, and I’m almost always laying in bed.  

Anthony Nunez

If there is anything I couldn’t live without I’d say it’d be friends and family. It sounds very cliché, but it’s true. I think if I didn’t have anyone to kind of be with, I’d feel very lonely. I tend to prefer isolation, but that’s different then being alone. If I chose something such as music or maybe my computer, sure I could avoid boredom, but I think the overwhelming sense of loneliness would cancel that feeling of boredom. Whenever this question comes about I choose others. They are the people that keep me going. A phone can inspire me with quotes, but someone else conveying that quote emotionally is infinitely more important to me.  

Philip Pedano 

One thing I could not live without is sports. The main sport I couldn’t live without is golf. Golf is a pretty big part of my life now, and I always want it to be. During the summer I golf almost every day because I enjoy the sport so much. I love golfing competitively, especially in tournaments ,and I do not see myself stopping anytime soon. 

Will Peterson 

I could never live without food. We as humans need food to survive. It is one of the three most important things needed to sustain life. Not eating for a few hours often makes you feel drained and grumpy, so imagine not ever eating. I think it’s important that I share my food so no one ever has to feel drained and grumpy. 

Jonathan Zambroski 

Something I could not live without is hockey. That sport has had a major impact in my life, and I’m not sure what I’d do without it. I’ve been playing since I was 4, so my life has always had hockey. It was basically an all-year sport for me, and any chance I had to play hockey, I would.  

What could you never live without? Share your response in the comments.