2016

2015

2014

Alumni Profile: Robert Uht (’90)

Cathedral Prep has gone through over 100 years of students, faculty, and staff. Many of those wonderful people carry out the traditions and memories that they had at Cathedral Prep. One man that is prideful in his faith life and work life is Robert Uht. Robert Uht graduated from Prep in 1990 and is a prime example of what it’s like to be a “Man of Prep.” 

Uht was influenced by his father to attend Prep, and it was one of the best decisions he’s made. He talked about what he enjoyed most during his time at Prep, saying, “the staff, teachers and brotherhood is what I really enjoyed most.”

He also mentioned how the rallies and big games used to fire him and his friends up.

“Every rally was so much fun and it really brought the brotherhood together,” he said.

After his time at Cathedral Prep he took his talents to Gannon University. He mentioned how Cathedral Prep really prepared him for Gannon. At Gannon he majored in Marketing and enjoyed his experience there. 

Uht currently works at Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield. He enjoys working and spending with his son. His son Rob is 16 years old and is currently at McDowell High School but plans on attending Prep this upcoming fall. 

Uht has many hobbies. Some include weightlifting and exercising in general. He enjoys watching football with his favorite team being the Miami Dolphins. Outside of that Uht does much more for the community. He make various charitable contribution and does lots of service work around the area. 

Uht also talked about future plans.

“I want to go down to Florida,” he said. “The Erie weather just isn’t fun to deal with at all and Florida just seems like the place for me.”

Uht was very insightful when speaking. When asked for one piece of advice that he could give to help kids maybe struggling, or any of those who need it? He added, “stay close with all of your Prep friends. Those are really your brothers forever and can help you out one day later in life.” 

Rob Uht is a great human being who seeks happiness, hard word and love. He truly lives out what it means to be a Rambler.