2016

2015

2014

What is your favorite article you have written so far for The Rambler?

After a one-week hiatus, our Question of the Week series returns with a focus on the work our staff has done so far this year. Students were asked to highlight one article they wrote this school year. Read on to see their selections and then share your favorites in the comments.

Colin Bish

Being on The Rambler staff the longest out of my fellow classmates, it’s really hard to pick out which articles were my absolute favorite. But one stands out the most,which was my alumni profile on my godfather, Jim Gemler. I really enjoyed our interview, and it gave me a lot to understand about his cool stories such as the basketball state championship vs. Lower Merion and the late Kobe Bryant. Also, seeing that his athletic achievements were recognized and rewarded with a Prep Hall of Fame induction was awesome. My second choice would have to be my Kid Cudi album review, because it was something that was out-of-the-box for me personally.

Olivia Buckel

My favorite article that I have written so far would be “Villa senior Emmal Dashti qualifies for regions at PMEA competition.” This is my favorite because Emmal is just a wonderful person in general, and she put so much effort into answering her questions. She is a very eloquent speaker, and I was very impressed with her answers. I also feel that it was important to get her story out into the open. She puts so much effort into her extracurricular activities, and I’m very happy that I got to shine some light on her talents.  

Cole Corapi

I have written a lot of quality articles that I have enjoyed making during my time in Journalism class. But there is one that really sticks out to me that I loved making and am very proud of. That article is the Wakeem Page highlight article. This article was so interesting and fun to make because it was not only about a fellow student at Prep but also one who went viral for an insane play.  

Rue Daniels

My favorite articles that I’ve written were the ones that were a tad bit controversial for no reason. The one about sexism having the chance to diminish (“Consolidation brings opportunity for equality”) is my favorite. I think I managed to stay non-biased and matter-of-fact. 

Maddie Hess

My favorite article I have written for The Rambler is the article I wrote on the new Prep/Villa president, Mr. Kevin Smith. I really enjoyed talking to him during our interview and learning more about him. I think interviewing him and publishing an article on him really raised awareness to making sure the traditions and cultures of both schools are kept intact during the merger. It really showed everyone the priorities that the new president has in mind and what he is looking forward to.  

Bryce Kalie

I have now written a total of 13 articles for The Rambler this year. My favorite article has to be my Super Bowl LVI preview. I think I went into depth a lot about how teams did in the playoffs this year. I also gave a solid background of each team playing in the Super Bowl. This is also what I enjoy writing about, so it has to be number one on my list.

Sam Louie

I think my favorite article I’ve gotten to write so far for The Rambler was my article on the PASC State Conference. I liked this one the most because I was just writing about an event that I attended as a part of student council. I could write about what it was and the purpose with ease because I had a first-hand experience of it. I also knew exactly who to interview about it because I knew everyone from Prep and Villa who went to it. Overall it was just a very easy article for me to write about.

Jack Rouch

My favorite article that I have written for The Rambler is probably my mid-season review of college basketball. This is my favorite article I have written because I think I am good at writing sports articles. I also love March Madness, so I had more motivation to write this article.

What is your favorite Valentine’s Day sweet treat? Share your response in the comments.