2016

2015

2014

What is your favorite song?

Music was on our minds this week. The staff each wrote about their favorite song. Read on to find our about their favorites. Then share your favorite song in the comments.

Colin Bish

My favorite song is probably “Scott Mescudi vs. The World” by Kid Cudi and CeeLo Green. The song was based off of the popular movie Scott Pilgrim vs. The World and details Cudi’s struggles with success and other insecurities. To have that feeling of just living in your own world is something that hits very close to home. I’ve always been subconsciously in my own space with my thoughts and dreams, so for someone as big as Kid Cudi to make a song about having that same feeling is really cool. The beat is also really good, and the chorus is super catchy and it puts me in a whole other world when I listen to it.

Olivia Buckel

My favorite song is “Something Just Like This” by The Chainsmokers and Coldplay. This is my favorite song because I love the lyrics, the beat is addictive to listen to, and it brings me back to when I was younger. It reminds me of happy memories, and the song has followed me throughout my life. I just simply love it, and I think I always will. 

Cole Corapi

My favorite song is hands down “Mr. Rager” by Kid Cudi. Kid Cudi’s music is always going to be some of my most listened to stuff. Him and Kendrick Lamar are two people who I can listen to for the rest of my life exclusively. Both have the best music of all time and not even in just rap. But all together, “Mr. Rager” has such an impact and nostalgic impact on me that it’s my favorite song. 

Rue Daniels

I am constantly listening to music and updating my Spotify playlists. I have been listening to “Feiticeira” by the Deftones on repeat for a few days now. It is my favorite Deftone album in general, but this song is so sick. The breakdowns are so strong, and they echo in my head. If you turn the bass up in your car it’s even better. 

Maddie Hess

Personally, my favorite song is “Space Song” by Beach House. Usually, I don’t like songs without a lot of words, but I absolutely love the actual musical part of this song. My favorite parts of the song are when there is no singing. This song just makes me feel a way no other song has been able to make me feel, and it’s the best turned up loud with the windows down on a summer day.  

Bryce Kalie

My favorite song is one that most people like age 30 and above wouldn’t know, but if you’re a teen you’ve probably heard it before. “I know” by Polo G is my favorite song as of right now. I have many other go-to songs, but “I Know” is my favorite. It has such a good beat to it, and it’s really just an overall banger. That’s why “I Know” is my favorite song.

Sam Louie

One of my favorite songs that’s a little unexpected is “Dancing Queen” by ABBA. I really like this song because my mom used to have it on all the time. Every drive I went on for soccer or any vacation I would hear this song multiple times. Now hearing it, it reminds me of the days when I didn’t have to worry about anything. I was still a little kid that was just having fun and living life as it was.

Jack Rouch

My favorite song is “Hot Now” by Wiz Khalifa. This has been my favorite song for awhile now. “Hot Now” is my favorite song because Wiz Khalifa is my favorite artist, and I think this is his best song. This is also my favorite song because it makes me feel happy when I am sad. Wiz Khalifa has many vibes songs that put people in good moods.

What is your favorite song? Share your response in the comments.