Dancers perform in Cathedral Prep’s winter showcase

Alicia Gonzalez, Staff Writer

Winter festivities kicked off with Cathedral Prep’s Winter Showcase on December 17th, with performances displaying the hard work of the dancers. Beginning at 4 p.m., with a total of 10 numbers, it was a show of dancers of all skill level and experience.

“I was excited, but I was sad it was my last winter showcase,” said senior Alexis Colburn. “The favorite number that I performed was ‘Jingle Bells’ by Michael Bublé.”

Even the Dance for Non-Dancers class performed to the song “I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas” by Gayla Peevey. It was a way to exhibit a semester’s work, becoming a finale to their introduction to dance.

Sophomore Laura Morphy also performed, saying, “I was very excited to show off all of the dance pieces we have been working on since September, yet I was also a bit nervous because this was the biggest crowd we have had for a showcase.”

The show show closed with a number including all of the dancers to the song “All I Want for Christmas Is You” by Mariah Carey. Dancers took their final bows and closed the performance with encouragement from the crowd. The event was an opportunity to present the talent of Cathedral Prep students as a newly combined school.

“I think what was most memorable was how together the dancers seemed when they performed,” onlooker Nikole McLallen stated. “The boys’ numbers were an outstanding job, too.”

Also in attendance was upperclassman Abby Rush. She recalled “The dance to ‘Mary, Did You Know’ by Pentatonix was so in sync; it was just beautiful.”