2023 Prom Ticket Contest

Alicia Gonzalez, Staff Writer

Cathedral Prep’s 2023 prom will be held at Lake Shore Country Club on Saturday May 6th. This tradition will be celebrated for the first time as a singular coeducational institution in Prep’s history.

Along with preparing for the dance with decorations and music, a ticket contest was held. The lucky design would be on every ticket sold and would be a souvenir for seniors. Admission to the dance does not require the ticket itself, a list with purchasers of the ticket will be on hand.

Design submissions were open until April 21, after which the senior student council members would decide alongside senior class advisors Mr. Bell and Mr. Vicary as well as a distinguished art student. They judged the submissions on its artistic elements and its relevance to the theme, “Under the Stars.”

Senior class officer Ryan Hudson said, “It is important for seniors to showcase their artistic capabilities and express themselves through art.”

After deliberation the committee decided on Emily Consiglio’s design as the winning submission. As the winner she received two free tickets to prom. Throughout the next week copies were made, with the prom ticket sale beginning on April 28 during all three lunch periods.

Senior Theresa Stull said, “Student art adds pizzazz and makes me more excited to buy a ticket.”

Tickets will continue to be sold in the Student Life Center during all lunch periods during the week of May 1st-5th. The cost of each ticket is $25. A signed dance form and/or guest form if needed is required for the purchase of tickets.