2016

2015

2014

Reed’s Movie Reel: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and The Sandlot

Reeds Movie Reel: Ferris Buellers Day Off and The Sandlot

The temperatures get lower and the night’s get longer this time of year, which means more time to stay inside and watch movies. While new movies can be hit or miss, there are some classics that never go out of style, such as Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and The Sandlot.
BuellerFerris Bueller’s Day Off is one of the best comedies movies of the last 50 years. It’s about a high school senior, Ferris, who decides to ditch school with his friend, Cameron, and his girlfriend, Sloane. Ferris is a tricky fast talker, who can talk his way out of almost any situation throughout his adventure. They go to a baseball game, a five-star restaurant, video game arcade, etc. Throughout the movie, their principal does everything he can to catch Ferris and his friends in the act of skipping school. Does Ferris get caught? Watch and find out. I think that Ferris Bueller’s Day Off is one of the best movies that I have seen in the past decade. I give it a four and half out of five stars.
SandlotThe Sandlot is a classic teenage comedy movie perfect for someone who just wants a good plot with funny scenes throughout. It is about a geeky, new kid in the neighborhood, Smalls, who wants to try out baseball for the first time. He tries to play with a local team, but they all think he sucks and is a loser. Luckily, the leader of the team, Benny “the Jet”, decides to not give up on Smalls and teaches them the game of baseball. Eventually, everyone likes Smalls, and he begins to have the best summer of his life. But, one day, the team needs a baseball to play with, so Smalls steals his step-dad’s Babe Ruth autographed baseball. Smalls hits a homer over the fence, which contains the scariest and biggest dog in the world. Does Smalls get the ball back? Watch and find out. I think that The Sandlot is one of my favorite childhood movies of all-time. I give it a four out of five stars.