2016

2015

2014

What does your personality type say about you?

What kind of personality would you consider you have? There are many types of personalities with each person acting, behaving and even thinking in his or her own special way. There generally are sixteen categories into which people fit. Each personality type encompasses different aspects of how people might react to things around them, or try to take control of a situation presented to them. First, take a look into what these 16 personality types are. Then, if you want to know where you fit in, visit 16personalities.com and take their free personality test.
ENTJ – The Executive
These people are generally assertive. They are driven to lead. People with this personality type generally have a good ability to understand difficult organizational problems and create good solutions to them. Intelligent and informed well, these people excel at public speaking. They value knowledge, and usually have little patience with inefficiency or disorganization.
ENFJ – The Giver
Popular and sensitive, these people are usually externally focused with real concern for how others think and feel. Usually disliking being alone, they see everything from a “human’ angle.” They are very effective at managing people issues and leading group discussions. They are interested in serving others and have the natural tendency to place the needs of others above their own needs in most cases.
ENTP – The Visionary
They are creative and intellectually quick and good at a large range of things. These people enjoy debating issues, and get very excited about new ideas, and projects. They have a tendency to neglect the more routine aspects of life. Generally outspoken and assertive, they enjoy people and are stimulating company. They have excellent ability to understand concepts and apply logic to find solutions.
ESFP – The Performer
They are people-oriented. These people make things more fun for others by their enjoyment. Loving new experience, they like to live in the moment. Disliking theory and impersonal analysis, they are interested in serving others. They are likely to be the center of attention in social situations. They also have well-developed common sense and practical ability.
ESFJ – The Caregiver
Warm-hearted and popular, these people tend to put the needs of others over their own. They feel a strong sense of responsibility and duty, and these people value security. They do however need positive reinforcement to feel good amount themselves. They also have a well-developed sense of space and function.
ENFP – The Inspirer
They are enthusiastic, creative and idealistic. They have great people skills and are able to do almost anything that interests them. These people get excited by new ideas, but they are bored with details. They are open-minded and flexible, with a broad range of interests and abilities.
INTP – The Thinker
They are logical, oriented and creative thinkers. They can become very excited about theories and ideas. They are very capable and driven to turn theories into clear understandings. They value knowledge, competence and logic. They are quiet and reserved and often hard to get to know well. They are also individualistic, having no sense in leading or following others.
ESTP – The Doer
Friendly, and action-oriented, these people are focused on immediate results. Living in the here-and-now, they are risk-takers who live fast-paced lifestyles. They are impatient with long explanations. These people are loyal to their peers, but they usually do not respect laws and rules if they get in the way of getting things done.
ESTJ – The Guardian
They are practical, and organized and likely to be active in their life. Generally they are not very interested in theory or abstraction unless they see the practical point of things. They have clear visions of the way things should be. They are loyal and hard-working. These people like to be in charge. They are very capable in organizing and running activities.
INFJ – The Protector
Quiet but forceful, these people tend to be rather sensitive. These people like to stick to things until they are done. They are quite intuitive about people and concerned for their feelings. They have well-developed systems of value to everything around them. They are well-respected for their perseverance in doing the right thing. They are likely to work by themselves rather than leading or following.
INFP – The Idealist
These people are quiet, realistic and reflective. They are interested in serving humanity. They have a well-developed value system, which they strive to live by. They are very loyal and adaptable. These people are usually laid-back unless a strong value is threatened. They are generally good writers. They are mentally quick, and are able to see possibilities around them.
INTJ – The Scientist
Independent, analytical and determined, these people have an exceptional ability to turn theories into solid plans of action. They highly value knowledge, competence and structure, and they are driven to derive meanings from their visions. They are long-range thinkers. These people have a very high standard for their performance, and the performance of others. They are natural leaders, but they also will follow if they trust the current leaders.
ISFP – The Artist
Quiet and sensitive, these people do not like conflict, and are not likely to do things which may generate conflict. They are loyal. They have extremely well-developed senses and an aesthetic appreciation for beauty. They are not interested in leading or controlling others. They are flexible and open-minded and likely to be original and creative.
ISFJ – The Nurturer
Quiet and conscientious, these people can be depended on to follow through. They usually put the needs of others above their own needs. They are stable and practical. They value security and traditions. They have a well-developed sense of space and function. They also have a rich inner world of observations about people. They are extremely perceptive of others’ feelings.
ISTJ – The Duty Fulfiller
These people are practical. They rely heavily on facts. They are very reliable individuals who can be trusted without a doubt.
ISTP – The Mechanic
Quiet and reserved, they are interested in how and why things work. They have excellent skills with mechanical things. They are risk-takers who live for the moment, and they are usually interested in extreme sports. They are uncomplicated in their desires, loyal to their peers and to their value systems, but not very concerned about respecting rules and laws. They excel in finding solutions to personal problems.
So after looking through all of these different types of people, what do you think you are? It’s always been interesting to a large amount of students and other people around the age of a high-schooler to look into this sort of thing. Perhaps there’s one that fits you as a reader pretty well, too. Not sure where you fit? Take the test and find out.